Ramen Noodles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ccb_v2 »

Here is what I do. Get some frozen veggies and start boiling them in a pot.

take the ramen and crush it in hte bag into smaller chunks.

put the noodles in a large cup, then dump the seasoning on them in a pile.

add some butter

once veggies are boiling, dump in water to cover noodles, spoon out veggies to cover noodles and then add water to cover veggies and let stand 5-10 min until desired temperature.
mkfreak
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mkfreak »

Hmmm, sounds good.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Time for a bump. My local Chinese supermarket was selling these Japanese things today:

Chicken flavour, and massive too. With 3 packs of goodies: MSG Overdose, Dried Veg and Oil. Mmm oil.

After adding hot water a piece of magical mystery meat appeared:

Nice long noodles:

And finished:

Well that was one big meal and it filled me up. More like bucket ramen than a cup. Even though its Japanese they seem to be available from import places both here in the UK and the US. So if you see one, go buy it.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Ah we get those over here too, but I've always avoided them.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Well, I know we get these Ramen products that make it look like you're having an actual meal; on the package they include meat and vegetables and make it look almost like a pasta.

When you open it up, it is just a block of normal ramen in a microwavable tray.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Dreamcast Emulation - Home of the 12 page thread devoted to Ramen Noodles. Enjoy your stay.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

atf487 wrote:Well, I know we get these Ramen products that make it look like you're having an actual meal; on the package they include meat and vegetables and make it look almost like a pasta.

When you open it up, it is just a block of normal ramen in a microwavable tray.
We get a lot of brands like that too :lol:
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

-Azathoth- wrote:I must have eaten enough Top Ramen/Maruchan instant noodles to feed all of China, TWICE.

I still eat them though
thats like.. a million-billion ramen packs :O
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Just bought 20 packs of ramen made in Singapore for 8 pence a pack. Complete with all the salt, msg and artificial flavours you could ever wish for.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

BoneyCork wrote:Just bought 20 packs of ramen made in Singapore for 8 pence a pack. Complete with all the salt, msg and artificial flavours you could ever wish for.
how about peppermint? :lol:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Huge bump, but is it possible to buy dry ramen bricks from a bulk store or a similar shop? Like, if say you were completely broke and wanted to avoid the individual packages but wanted to make your own instead...
greay wrote:I make ramen stir-fry a bunch. I never use the seasoning packets.

My favorite recipe lately is chili lime. Stir-fry all the veggies with chili, garlic (and sometimes a little basil), throw in the noodles, and squeeze half a lime over it. Add a little bit of soy sauce, but not much.
I basically want to do something like that, though I doubt I will use the veggies every time. I am a student who is on a limited income after all. I simply can't justify the relatively high cost of noodle cups/packets when a portion of ramen five to 10 times larger than the packaged ramen would probably cost the same if it were bough in bulk.

Any ideas?
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Sams Club?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Sir C.A.T wrote:Sams Club?
I think they probably only sell ramen in packages/bowls, which is something I don't really want, since it's so wasteful, and a pinch of chili powder, some garlic, onions, lime and oil will make a much better and healthier addition to the noodles. Besides you need a membership for Sams club, something most college students around here can't afford.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

At Sams Club/BJs/Costco they sell ramen packets for between 4 and 4.50 for a 48 pack. I don't see how that could possibly be wasteful.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Quzar wrote:At Sams Club/BJs/Costco they sell ramen packets for between 4 and 4.50 for a 48 pack. I don't see how that could possibly be wasteful.
I don't mean in terms of money. 48 wrappers plus 48 flavour packs. 96 pieces of plastic packaging to throw out. That's not wasteful?
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

The noodles in Ramen are packed with so many preservatives you may as well just eat stringed Styrofoam. Just buy a box of good noodles or even make your own and realize you've been missing out on 14 times better food all these years.

Me, I just drive a minute down the road and pay 150 yen for fresh made from scratch Ramen.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Lately I've been eating the Hot & Spicy Chicken Picante Maruchan noodles. I usually put the brink in a pan, fill the water just above it, add corn and peas, then add a ton of pepper and tobasco sauce. I then boil it so everything absorbs the the spices and then mix the the pack and eat. It is quite good, and usually really spicy. I'm generally more of a fan of curry type spicy food, but I can't seem the find the curry chicken packets anywhere so this has to do.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Thomas wrote:Lately I've been eating the Hot & Spicy Chicken Picante Maruchan noodles. I usually put the brink in a pan, fill the water just above it, add corn and peas, then add a ton of pepper and tobasco sauce. I then boil it so everything absorbs the the spices and then mix the the pack and eat. It is quite good, and usually really spicy. I'm generally more of a fan of curry type spicy food, but I can't seem the find the curry chicken packets anywhere so this has to do.
I like curry style food too. Do you put the flavour packet in or not?
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

ace wrote:
Thomas wrote:Lately I've been eating the Hot & Spicy Chicken Picante Maruchan noodles. I usually put the brink in a pan, fill the water just above it, add corn and peas, then add a ton of pepper and tobasco sauce. I then boil it so everything absorbs the the spices and then mix the the pack and eat. It is quite good, and usually really spicy. I'm generally more of a fan of curry type spicy food, but I can't seem the find the curry chicken packets anywhere so this has to do.
I like curry style food too. Do you put the flavour packet in or not?
Yeah, since it has a bunch of red pepper pieces in it and adds extra zing. I'd probably not put it in if we had any in th house.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

wow! surprised this thread has this much staying power!

MSG junkies unite!