80's Glam Metal

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I am not going to agree or disagree with ignorance on this topic because i also intend to agree is after 1997 MUSIC STARTED TO SUCK (an opinion so don't get hostile). I can't stand todays music. All you hear is rappers repeat themselves over and over and over and over and over again! Then you have rockers who don't have their voice with their heart. I miss the days when singers actually sung like their life depended on it. That era in my opinion is the 80s. Bands like Green day,Everclear and Black Crowes have horrible sounding voices compared to them in their prime.

Thank god we have a choice to listen to what we want to. if were to hang out with someone that listen to stuff I couldn't stand I would either leave or smash their fucking radio because most of the shit today I simply can't stand.I can hear the sound of the "flame thrower"....whatever is thrown at me, it just go one ear and out the other. I don't care.
Have you played dreamcast today?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

the problem is you're comparing what is effectively your favourite genre at it's 'best', to current commercial music on the radio. If you're making your judgement of rap based on who is in the charts, if you're making your judgement of rock based on who is in the charts then yes, music is a lot worse now. But obviously that isn't a fair comparison.

If you compared the music you love with the music that was in the commercial charts at that time, you'd have also said it's a lot worse. All this proves is generally what's popular in the charts isn't a reflection on what's good music (though of course personal tastes are an objective thing)

Don't mistake your laziness to make the effort to look for good music now, for music not being as good now. That's your failing, not current music's failing.

If you've looked and still don't like anything but 80s hair metal, then you really, really need to stop being so narrow minded about music. I can't stand people who only listen to one genre of music exclusively and rule out whole genres as having nothing worthwhile, it's pathetic.
Last edited by not just souLLy now on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

not just souLLy now wrote:If you've looked and still don't like anything but 80s hair metal, then you really, really need to stop being so narrow minded about music. I can't stand people who only listen to one genre of music exclusively and rule out whole genres as having nothing worthwhile, it's pathetic.
Well said.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

not just souLLy now wrote:If you've looked and still don't like anything but 80s hair metal, then you really, really need to stop being so narrow minded about music. I can't stand people who only listen to one genre of music exclusively and rule out whole genres as having nothing worthwhile, it's pathetic.
I also like 60's/70's hard rock and 80's pop
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

not just souLLy now wrote:the problem is you're comparing what is effectively your favourite genre at it's 'best', to current commercial music on the radio. If you're making your judgement of rap based on who is in the charts, if you're making your judgement of rock based on who is in the charts then yes, music is a lot worse now. But obviously that isn't a fair comparison.

If you compared the music you love with the music that was in the commercial charts at that time, you'd have also said it's a lot worse. All this proves is generally what's popular in the charts isn't a reflection on what's good music (though of course personal tastes are an objective thing)

Don't mistake you laziness to make the effort to look for good music now, for music not being as good now. That's your failing, not current music's failing.

If you've looked and still don't like anything but 80s hair metal, then you really, really need to stop being so narrow minded about music. I can't stand people who only listen to one genre of music exclusively and rule out whole genres as having nothing worthwhile, it's pathetic.
One of the best posts I've ever seen. Lately I've been feeling like there is no current music that is any good. But you are absolutely correct, it is more due to my own laziness to find good music from this era. Recently a friend turned me on to a number of really good bands from 2000+.

Anyways, that's not my point... I just wanted to say - spot on, soulfly, spot on.