So How Does Everyone Else Feel About Audioslave Breaking Up

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vlad Tepes »

toastman wrote: And I liked Audioslave, it gave Morello room to explore musically, rather than doing the same thing over and over like in Rage. And if you are complaining about Audioslave's music, you are complaining about the members of Rage, not Chris Cornell, because they had an agreement: they write the music, he writes the lyrics.
I disagree completely. I believe it's much more restrictive to write for a vocalist like Chris Cornell than Zach de la Rocha. As Audioslave, Tom and the band had to be more concerned with melodies that complimented Cornell's style. In contrast, RATM could throw down any kind of riff that sounded cool, and Zach de la Rocha could put whatever vocals he wanted on top of that. Zach's vocals took a back seat to the riffs and Tom-craziness, which were the real reason's RATM kicked ass IMO, where as the Audioslave riffs and Tom-craziness had to be toned down so not to overshadow Cornell's vocals.

Having said that...I loved RATM, I loved Soundgarden, and I somewhat enjoyed Audioslave's first album. I never thought Cornell meshed well with the members of RATM, and I figured they'd break up sooner than they did. I didn't care for Cornell's previous solo album, so I couldn't care less about his upcoming one. I would, however, be fully on board with a Soundgarden reunion.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Vlad Tepes wrote:I would, however, be fully on board with a Soundgarden reunion.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

I'm glad. I never liked Audioslave or Sound Garden. Chris Cornells voice annoyed the piss out of me. I would like to see a RATM reunion w/ a new album but I'm not going to hold my breath.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Who?
Deth2k7
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Deth2k7 »

I enjoyed Audioslave, but not that much.I'm not really sad about their break-up.I rather see a RATM reunion.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

This happends all the time.
Sound Garden Splits and they rocked then Audioslave happens and they suck.

Mike Patton with Faith no more Rocked and whatever that crap sounding group he is in now "Famthos" or something has horrid sound. Mike Patton is shit now.

I just hope the fuck that my fav band Paradise Lost doesn't split........
Have you played dreamcast today?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Dreamcast4life wrote:This happends all the time.
Sound Garden Splits and they rocked then Audioslave happens and they suck.

Mike Patton with Faith no more Rocked and whatever that crap sounding group he is in now "Famthos" or something has horrid sound. Mike Patton is shit now.

I just hope the fuck that my fav band Paradise Lost doesn't split........
Faith No More was Mike Patton's side project though, it just turned out to be more successful than Mr Bungle. He's produced a lot of great stuff since then it's just not to everyone's tastes. I really like the EP he did with Dillinger Escape Plan.