Quake music using JoyMenu?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Caleb
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quake music using JoyMenu?

Post by Caleb »

I got nxquake and makaqu burned right now.

I like Makaqu because it has mouse support. (unlike most versions) The software rendering looks great.

Is there anyway for me to have a version that has both mouse support AND music?

For example is there a simple way to use JoyMenu and the Quake music pack to make Makaqu enable music?

Can you just follow the directions for installing JoyMenu into Makaqu and put the music pak in the ID1 folder?

Or can I somehow use the CD-music option?

Is there a tutorial that I didn't see somewhere that explains this?

Sorry to post this but I got alittle confused about this.

Thanks.

*edited*

So I still don't know if Joymenu will work on Makaqu

As for CD music I read all topics and I still am not clear how to organize .wav files or CD music on the disk or whether you can use the orginal quake cd to somehow swap out and get the music.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

You can use CD music in Makaqu. Quake uses the tracks from track 2 to track 11. If you want to burn a selfboot disc, burn the first session with a short audio in the first audio track, followed by Quake's audio tracks, and then burn a second session with the data track.

You can only swap discs in nxMakaqu when you're in the mod list. If you have a Quake CD with the ID1 folder in it, you can use it to play the game with music. But if you run it this way the game won't have access to the extra features and bugfixes contained in Makaqu's PAK2.PAK file, like translucent water.

JoyMenu should work with Makaqu, but it will have some bugs when running on it. JoyMenu has too many QuakeDC-specific hacks, and many features in it were already implemented in nxMakaqu, so there's not much point in using it. I guess the most important features that weren't implemented in nxMakaqu are FrikBot X, the slow-motion mode, and the extra deathmatch modes and features.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Caleb
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Caleb »

Thanks for the response!

It has to be .wav files right?

I am so used to using bootdreams to burn cd images. I will have to try something different for this since I am pretty sure that bootdreams can't create multisession images.

Thanks again.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Audio tracks are not .wav files. Audio tracks are the ones you can hear when playing the disc in any CD player.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Caleb wrote:I am so used to using bootdreams to burn cd images. I will have to try something different for this since I am pretty sure that bootdreams can't create multisession images.
The lastest version of BootDreams can burn CD audio without a problem. I haven't been able to test it but it should work fine.

The only way to burn the CD audio is by using CDRecord and set the disc format to Audio\Data and checking burn CDDA tracks in the Extras menu. Note you also need to put your music in the CDDA subfolder.
Caleb
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Caleb »

I downloaded the latest version of Bootdreams and figured it out last night.

Forgive my ignorance.

Makaqu + music = awesome DC gaming.

-Sorry again for my ignorance on how to use the latest version of Bootdreams. I had no idea it could burn a audio/data CD so easily!