Best DC RPG's (even in japanese)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mog123
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best DC RPG's (even in japanese)

Post by mog123 »

I'm looking for good dreamcast RPG's with lovely cute cute graphics and such ~_~

I'm very pleased with Rhapsody of Zephyr and Atelier Elie.

Anybody got some more of these? ;)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Grandia 2 was pretty good. If you can stand the random battles maybe Skies of Arcadia.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I loved Grandia 2. I don't play RPGs, but for some reason that game just sucked me in. I think it was the battle system.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Vlad Tepes wrote:I loved Grandia 2. I don't play RPGs, but for some reason that game just sucked me in. I think it was the battle system.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote:I loved Grandia 2. I don't play RPGs, but for some reason that game just sucked me in. I think it was the battle system.
Grandia II owned Grandia III in every single way humanly possible.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Skies of Arcadia.

viewforum.php?f=36
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Wanna rare good one to get? Izumo. Its super hard to find. Its japanese. Its port of Japanese Hentai PC rpg to DC. Even the iso is impossable to find. Its also over a gb. Play the pc one and see if you like it first. Its no grandia 2 but i figure every single person with a DC has played Grandia 2 and skies of arcadia. Napple tales is another really good one if you can find it.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

I'm actually just playing Grandia II again!!!

It's sort of linear but I don't have enough time to get involved in a really deep RPG. I love Grandia II though. I need to get Skies of Arcadia... been givin' the old Dreamcast a lot of love lately.

BUMMPPPP for more RPG's!!!!!!! Maybe I'll start rocking Shenmue again.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Don't forget Record of Lodoss War and PSO - those are must own rpgs. Evolution 1 & 2 were fun as well. If you like it cute, those 2 are worth checking out. Time Stalkers was ok. If you are into the strategy rpgs, there is always the Advanced Daisenryaku series (we got one of them in the US on the Saturn as Iron Storm). If you like the PSO/Record of Lodoss War action rpg gameplay, Rune Jade may be worth checking out as well. If you like something like Y's, Falcom dropped Sorcerian on the Dreamcast in Japan. I always wondered what Sorcerian played like, and I found out by seeing a video of it on Youtube.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Skies Of Arcadia, Grandia II, Rent A Hero (Japanese, but playable)...
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

RMD wrote:Wanna rare good one to get? Izumo. Its super hard to find. Its japanese. Its port of Japanese Hentai PC rpg to DC. Even the iso is impossable to find. Its also over a gb. Play the pc one and see if you like it first. Its no grandia 2 but i figure every single person with a DC has played Grandia 2 and skies of arcadia. Napple tales is another really good one if you can find it.

guess time to dig them up from pile of my unplayd DC titles collection from my mad collecting days...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I liked EGG and Evolution 1+2, both fit the description of "cute graphics". I agree with SoS as well on RoLW and Time Stalkers/Climax Landers.

Time Stalkers is a really unique RPG, and it plays extremely differently from any other one I've ever seen. Most people tend to not like it because it is hard to get used to as well as plain 'ol hard.

RoLW is almost identical to Diablo II except for the weapon system (and of course setting/plot).

The Evolution games are very Grandia or FF-ish and EGG is similar to older 16-bit RPGs but with really nice quality 2D graphcis compared to standard 16-bit games, kind of like the style of Lunar on the saturn (not necessarily gameplay-wise, but graphically).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man