Karaoke Dreamcast

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Karaoke Dreamcast

Post by Sonic-NKT »

Hi,
what about a Kar (karaoke Midi files) player for dreamcast. shouldnt be too hard to get one working... now im intrested if there is any homebrew support for the Dreamcast karaoke addon... like if its possible to use the microphones in homebrew (or do the work all the time and just lay over the normal output? i dont know)... would be a nice thing for those having this addon to stil use it :)
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

I think blackaura has the karaoke add-on, but hasn't done anything with it.

If he does something with it, ill get one :P
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I thought BlueCrab had a working driver for the microphone, no?

As far as playing the files, I'm sure it's not that incredibly difficult. Reaper made a midi player with SDL and SDL_mixer, if I recall correctly. I think it would be more a matter of finding somebody who wants to spend the time on it.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

@neoak
Quzar recently bought one not too long ago.

@138
Yeah, there's a OGG rip somewhere of his test, and Reaper's midi player required like a 15 MB timidy file to play them.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Bluecrab and I each have one. The micropohone that blue wrote a driver for was the one that connects via the controller expansion (vmu/rumble) slot. The karaoke unit attaches via g2 bus.

It will be difficult to mess around with whenever I get to it because it's designed to work only with composite output, and i don't know if it will interfere with bba operation. Also, I got mine about a year ago =P.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man