Dating co workers Bad idea or Good Idea?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JellyWarrior »

Wow, nice thread topic, because I am thinking of asking someone out who works in the same building as me (but we work for different companies).

I reckon that if you reckon you will hit it off then you should ask, but carefully consider it first. Yea your work might become hell if you break up, but it also could be the start of something amazing that'd be a shame to miss out on.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

William Shakespeare wrote:Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.
Don't be afraid to try... if it doesn't work out, then it's not the end of the world. You can still get along with girls who know you like them. Also, dating usually doesn't put your employment in jeopardy. :wink:
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

Xylene wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:I am anti-dating of coworkers. I got a kid and something that required antibiotics from one.
Nice response.
I wouldn't advise dating a coworker though...problems at home = problems at work.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Well that is the last time i'm ever gonna ask out a co worker.

Asked her out and found out shes back with her ex now. She's like "why didnt you ask me out when I was throwing tons of hints?" Its like just by waiting a week I fucked myself over. The worse part about it is not everyday I work with her I have to feel like a idiot. Whats even worse is she probably gonna get fired soon anyways. Which just makes it look like i'm getting her fired cause i'm a petty person.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I'm sorry to hear that, it's a pity that you waited so long.

Perhaps it's a good lesson for me, I should get off my arse and ask this girl here at work who I've been thinking of asking.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

co-worker... how close do you work with her?
just the same store or like together a lot...cause if your one on one a lot it will drive you crazy
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I run a business, and am renting an office off another company who owns the building, so my office is inside their main office.

This company also runs a shop and she works in the shop. I usually only see her at lunch time or while I am going in and out of the building, besides occasionally working together on their web site.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

RMD wrote:Well that is the last time i'm ever gonna ask out a co worker.

Asked her out and found out shes back with her ex now. She's like "why didnt you ask me out when I was throwing tons of hints?" Its like just by waiting a week I fucked myself over. The worse part about it is not everyday I work with her I have to feel like a idiot. Whats even worse is she probably gonna get fired soon anyways. Which just makes it look like i'm getting her fired cause i'm a petty person.
learn to be less blunt. be like "what are you getting into tonight" and if she says nothing then say hey I am doing whatever and u should role with me.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

SuperMegatron wrote:
RMD wrote:Well that is the last time i'm ever gonna ask out a co worker.

learn to be less blunt. be like "what are you getting into tonight" and if she says nothing then say hey I am doing whatever and u should role with me.
Excatly what pretty much happened.