egm

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

egm

Post by popley »

I just got this months egm magazine, on page 64 Jack Tretton scea new president and ceo said this:

"EGM: Well, let's talk about that for a second, because, from our unscientific studies, it seemed like about 50 percent of the people in the line where there to make a quick buck on ebay. And now we're seeing a lot more units on store shelves.

JT: Really?

EGM: yeah.

JT: If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 buck for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to verify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a PlayStation 3 on the shelf for sale. They've all been sold in a matter of minutes. (Editor's note: This interview took place in early January 2007.)"

I came across a few stores, gamestop, eb, etc. and they have had more the 1 ps3 for days. Just seeing what you guys that about this.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Yeah I work in retail our ps3's sit there for weeks at a time.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Yeah I thought the interview was him beating around the bush. Really sad how corporate cannot admit that they strategy has sucked.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Wow.. i wish i was in the US right now so i could make $1.200 :) .
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Yeah, if you can time travel to January 2007 I can see how the best money you can make would be harassing someone from Sony about $1200 instead of, you know, standard shares and stocks wheeler dealing.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

We have had PS3s on shelves for more than 5 min all the time in Jan.

I could be rich now, but i forgive Sony for being ignorant.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

People say Sam Tramiel was living in a dream world, but those Sony people are just crazy!
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Actually I have noticed lately that the PS3's have been sold out locally. I have not been looking for one, but I always look since I always make my rounds in electronics anyways. However I am sure if I really wanted a Ps3 I could find one locally. Only reason the Ps3 might be rare at this point is because stores are tired of losing money by taking so many.

I never did read the entire article about now the Ps3 is failing, there was just too much garbage to sort through.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

everytime i have been to target lately there has been plenty of ps3s...but i have yet to see a wii

http://ps3finder.com/

http://wiitracker.com/
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

That is Hilarious! Also very true on the situation. Sony ignorance is going to cause their selves HUGE problems.
Have you played dreamcast today?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Dreamcast4life wrote:
That is Hilarious! Also very true on the situation. Sony ignorance is going to cause their selves HUGE problems.
Hilarious, yes. True, no. It's wildly out of context.

As much as I hate to defend Tretton, that line was a statement made to a single individual conducting an interview, not a "Find A PS3" challenge to the gaming public.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Plus, I'm pretty sure Tretton meant that he would pay $ 1200 if you bought the PS3, which they didn't.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

impetus wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:

As much as I hate to defend Tretton, that line was a statement made to a single individual conducting an interview, not a "Find A PS3" challenge to the gaming public.
And I have no doubt that that single individual would have had no trouble finding a PS3 to prove him wrong.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

melancholy wrote: And I have no doubt that that single individual would have had no trouble finding a PS3 to prove him wrong.
The Interview wrote:(Editor's note: This interview took place in early January 2007.)"
IIRC PS3s were still hard to obtain in early January 2007.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

melancholy wrote:
impetus wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:

And I have no doubt that that single individual would have had no trouble finding a PS3 to prove him wrong.
also gabe and tycho clearly don't expect to get money, they were just making a point.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
melancholy wrote: And I have no doubt that that single individual would have had no trouble finding a PS3 to prove him wrong.
The Interview wrote:(Editor's note: This interview took place in early January 2007.)"
Friends were telling me about a week after Christmas that they'd started noticing available PS3's and would ship me one if I wanted/needed one.

I laughingly declined.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
There were always PS3s on store shelves in Canada. Still no fucking wiis though.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I just got my issue in the mail today and read the article. So much bullshit crammed into one little article, must be a record! And yeah, while I was working at Best Buy, we had a PS3 for a good week or so before it was sold, and it was in plain view. Hell, on Christmas Eve we got one returned and the manager actually stood out in the center of the electronics department with the PS3 sitting on a table and he was standing next to it safeguarding it, just trying to get it sold. People looked at it and asked the manager questions about it, but an hour later he still didn't sell it and ended up putting it back in the security case.