R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AgentGreen »

RIP Public Enemy :cry:
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

AgentGreen wrote:RIP Public Enemy :cry:
*waves hands up in da air lika i jus don't care*

"nanna nana heyhey hey good bye"
:(
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I musta missed them..cause I used to watch ecw back in the day a little bit and have never heard of them :o :?

Doesn't matter..Its always sad to see wrestlers pass away :x
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Smiley wrote:I musta missed them..cause I used to watch ecw back in the day a little bit and have never heard of them :o :?

Doesn't matter..Its always sad to see wrestlers pass away :x
u must have been late into ecw i was watching when it was eastern championship wrestling as an nwa member
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id ... icles/news

John "Earthquake" Tenta passed away this morning at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids."

Last edited by gamedudex2 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I was just about to post the same news. Besides the Earthquake gimmick he also wrestled as Avalanche (WCW), Shark (WCW) & Golga (WWF).
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

and by his real name john tenta in wcw
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yep. Kind of surprised that he was only 42, I thought he was a lot older than that, it means he was only in his mid-20s when he started as Earthquake and was main eventing PPVs with the Hulkster.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I remember watching Earthquake and Typhoon way back when I first got into wrestling. I'm going to miss hearing about his escapades at Wrestlecrap.com
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I will surely miss that guy. Some of his best matches were against Hogan; I remember back in either '89; '90' or 91; when earthquake attacked hogan from behind and inflcted several of his earthquakes on him and ultimately put him out of action for quite some time, and then they had a match at the upcoming Summerslam back then. That match and Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrio, title vs. title in one of the old summerslams really was the best of the old wwf.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Smiley wrote:That match and Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior, title vs. title in one of the old summerslams really was the best of the old wwf.
It was Wrestlemania 6 and i think it was the only time Hogan ever got pinned CLEANLY before he left for WCW.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Nobody posted this but Bam Bam Bigelow died on January 19th
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

AgentGreen wrote:Nobody posted this but Bam Bam Bigelow died on January 19th
:o :cry:

very sad. during the old wwf days, I always enjoyed his antics.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/3503
Former ECW Champion Mike Awesome Passes Away
Date Added: February 19, 2007
Story By: Daniel Pena
source: Wrestling Observer

Dave Meltzer is reporting that former ECW World Champion Mike Awesome (real name Michael Alfonso) has passed away. He was found dead on Saturday evening in the Tampa area according to those close to the family. He was only 42 years old.

At about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday night, friends were going to his home in Tampa, Florida to pick him up and go out. He never answered the door and they found him hanging in the home. The death is believed to be due to suicide pending results of the autopsy.

Also, WWE.com has confirmed his passing:

Mike Awesome passes away
Written: February 19, 2007

WWE is saddened by news of the passing of Mike Alfonso, better known to wrestling fans as Mike Awesome. He was 42.

Mike Awesome's first major exposure came overseas, where he became one of the Japan's top stars. Awesome would eventually become a star and champion in America while wrestling for Extreme Championship Wrestling. Following his successful run in ECW, Awesome spent time working in WCW and later WWE before retiring to his native Tampa, Florida.

While in ECW, Awesome was a two-time World Champion and Tag Team Champion. His matches with Masato Tanaka, including a show-stealer at One Night Stand in 2005 were among the most memorable in ECW history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH4cx7LReIU (i was at this event, its actually in westwego , outside of new orleans)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvZQ_r5XkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wvdt_oeQPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNy2oBAwbMs

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=23017&p=1

FORMER ECW WORLD CHAMPION MIKE AWESOME PASSES AWAY
by Mike Johnson @ 3:30:00 PM on 2/19/2007

I'm sorry to report the passing of former ECW World champion Mike Awesome. We don't have much in the way of details yet but Awesome, real name Michael Alfonso, was 42 at the time of his passing.

A Florida native, Awesome was trained by Steve Keirn and was a tremendously agile performer. Standing well over 6 feet, Awesome looked like any other monster performer at first glance, but was well beyond your average muscle-bound bruiser, gifted with tremendous agility. It was noting for Awesome to hit topes and dives like a Cruiserweight before powerbombing his hapless opponents through tables en route to victory.

Like many wrestlers during that era, Awesome broke in making some appearances in Memphis, TN for the USWA and did some independent work in Florida as well as enhancement work. He truly began making his name when he began working as the facepainted Gladiator for Atsushi Onita's Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling in the early 1990s. The forerunner to ECW and the hottest promotion among tape traders at the time, Awesome teamed with Horace Boulder and often working with or against Sabu, Onita, Hisakatsu Ooya, Mr. Pogo and Mr. Gannosuke among others. The styles was physical with crazy bumps, barbed wire, and lots of explosion matches.

While he was well known overseas, at the time Awesome was only known to the most hardcore fans in the United States. He made sporadic appearances in the early days of NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling, including an early 1994 match in ECW where he decimated JT Smith before losing to him at the Night the Line Was Crossed). Within the United States, Awesome was best known for his storied feud with Masato Tanaka, which began in FMW and later moved over to ECW, including a memorable match at the promotion's Heatwave '98 PPV in Dayton, Ohio.

After suffering a knee injury, Awesome sat out for a year following surgery. He didn't return to FMW, instead doing a tour of All Japan Pro Wrestling when he returned. In September 1999, Awesome joined ECW full-time as a surprise, immediately winning a Three-Way Dance to capture the promotion's World championship from Tazz at the Anarchy Rulz '99 PPV in Chicago. The storyline was that Awesome had crashed the match, upset that ECW was using footage of Tanaka defeating him to build up Tanaka as a challenger. Tazz offered him the chance to enter the match, and was pinned within a minute, shocking everyone. Although it was well known Tazz was on his way out of the company, no one could have predicted a one minute loss for ECW's monster badass champion.

Awesome defeated Tanaka as well in the process, so their feud was once again off to the races. During his reign as champion Awesome faced and feuded against Tanaka, Spike Dudley, Kid Kash, and Tommy Dreamer, among others. Managed by Jeff Jones, Awesome also briefly held the ECW World Tag Team championship with Raven as well. Tanaka and Awesome traded the ECW title back with a win for Tanaka in Nashville, TN and Awesome regaining it in White Plains, NY. The ECW on TNN episodes featuring the changes were among the highest rated for the series, falling on Christmas eve and New Year's Eve for that year.

The plan at the time was to build to ECW's top babyface at the time, Rob Van Dam chasing Awesome for the belt. Just after an angle was shot to begin the chase, Van Dam broke his ankle working a house show and would be out for several months. During that timeframe, Awesome (who had claimed publicly to have been under an ECW contract), signed a deal to jump to World Championship Wrestling without dropping the ECW World title belt.

Rightfully fearful of Awesome (who had possession of the title belt) would debut on Monday Nitro and desecrate it, ECW's legal team went into overdrive. Awesome was immediately vilified by those loyal to Extreme Championship Wrestling, although the bottom line was he had a chance to make a great deal of money for his family in one shot and took the chance. ECW did gain an injunction against him appearing and negotiations were made that Awesome would appear, would not have the championship with him (but WCW would name him as champion, then plug a title defense in Indianapolis - which WCW didn't do), and appear in street clothes (to mask his physique and dilute his debut). When Awesome's title change wasn't plugged, the legal battled raged again briefly, before all sides came to a settlement.

In the end, an agreement was made for Awesome to return and drop the title, which he did, losing it to then-WWF star Tazz in Indianapolis, Indiana in the historic first-ever WCW vs. WWF bout (taking place inside an ECW ring no less). ECW refused to allow Awesome into the locker room, so he waited at a nearby hotel, met with Tazz and Tommy Dreamer to go over the bout, then came through the crowd. After Awesome lost the belt, he left again through the crowd.

The match aired in edited form on TNN but if you've never seen the Fancam version and heard the crowd reaction to the Tazz return and title win, you've never truly experienced the moment. In many ways, the departure allowed for a "happy" final appearance in ECW for the Tazz character, who signed with WWE after losing the belt and never truly got a sendoff in the same vein that other ECW stars did.

Once signed by WCW, Awesome was yet another victim of WCW's political turmoil, ever-changing storylines, and poor creative direction during the Vince Russo regime, morphing from a monstrous tablesmashing killer to a comedic undercard character that was lost in the 1970s and traveled in a takeoff of the Patridge Family bus. He was later saddled with a gimmick where he was (seriously) a "Fat Chick Thriller" and was also a member of Team Canada alongside Elix Skipper and Lance Storm. He may have been making the biggest amount of money ever in his career, but artistically, Awesome had never been less of a player for any company and was never booked worse.

When World Wrestling Entertainment bought out WCW in early 2001, Awesome's contract was among the assets purchased. He became the first "WCW" wrestler to compete in the WWF and in Madison Square Garden, attacking WWF Hardcore champion Rhyno backstage and pinning him as part of the storyline where the now defunct championship could be defended anytime, anywhere. When WWF revived ECW as part of the Invasion storyline, Awesome become one of many faces lost in the crowd as a member of the Alliance, was considered to not be a strong performer by WWF veterans who buried him (and many others) politically and was later released in September 2002.

Awesome made several appearances for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling during their weekly PPV event run in Nashville, TN. Awesome also competed for Court Bauer's Major League Wrestling in 2003, winning the MLW championship from Satoshi Kojima, only to lose it several minutes later to Steve Corino. Awesome would make several more appearances for the company, including a not so memorable match against Samoa Joe where the two were obviously not on the same page. He did another brief run for Jersey All Pro Wrestling, tagging with Vader against Samoa Joe and Danny Maff in a main event feud.

Awesome quietly disappeared from the business before being booked for the 2005 Extreme Championship Wrestling One Night Stand PPV in New York City in 2005. The original plan was for Awesome to appear as a surprise alongside Eric Bischoff, playing off the WCW jump in 2000 but creative directions changed and Awesome was announced as facing long-time foe Tanaka. The PPV was among the most emotional and memorable of the year, with Tanaka vs. Awesome tearing apart the Hammerstein Ballroom for what was undoubtedly the best match on the show (and of the entire ECW rebirth to date). Awesome blew out his knee during the bout and to the best of my knowledge, never wrestled again.

On behalf of everyone involved with PWInsider.com, I'd like to express our deepest condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Mike Awesome.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

ImageALFONSO, Michael Lee, 42, of Tampa, passed away February 17, 2007. Michael was a loving father and son. He is survived by his wife, Delisa; son, Casey; daughter, Carissa; his father, Tony, and mother, Sharon; along with his brother, Rick. Michael also is survived by his nephew, Ricky; grandmother, Solia; grand-father, Tony; and his aunts, LaVaughn (Gary), Betty (Jack), Diana and Solia; his uncles, Andrew (Brenda) and Eugene (Kathrine); along with many loving cousins. Michael was a Tampa native and member of The Crossing Church. He was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed fishing and trail bike riding with his numerous loving friends. He will be missed greatly by all of his family members and friends. Michael had a successful 17-year career as a professional wrestler in Japan and the United States. He also wrestled in China, South Korea, Guam, Australia, Germany, England, Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Canada. He retired from wrestling and was a real estate agent in New Tampa. The family will receive friends 6-8 p.m. Thursday, February 22, 2007, at Serenity Meadows Funeral Home, 6919 Providence Road, Riverview, FL 33569. A celebration of Michael' s life will take place at 10 a.m. Friday, February 23, 2007, at Serenity Meadows. Flowers will be accepted, however, those who wish may donate in memory of Michael to the American Diabetes Association 4902 Eisenhower Blvd. #295 Tampa, FL 33634.

http://legacy.com/TBO/Obituaries.asp?Pa ... d=86561201
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/3632

Former WWF Star Bad News Brown Passes Away
Date Added: March 06, 2007
source: SLAM! Wrestling

SLAM! Wrestling out of Canada is reporting that former WWF star Bad News Brown has passed away. Here is the article:

Bad News Allen dies suddenly

Former Olympic judo bronze medalist Allen Coage -- better known to wrestling fans as Bad News Allen and Bad News Brown -- has died suddenly. He was 63.

Coage died early Tuesday morning in Calgary at Rockyview Hospital, having been rushed to the hospital, complaining of chest pains.

Three weeks ago, Coage underwent hip replacement surgery and had been making progress on his recovery. Monday night, he was home alone and called longtime friend Gerry Morrow, complaining of chest pains. Morrow got him to the hospital.

Coage broke into professional wrestling through the New Japan Pro Wrestling organization, training in Japan and spending the first few years after the 1976 Montreal Olympics in that country.

He was a star in the Calgary Stampede promotion as Bad News Allen, having bloody feuds with the likes of The Dynamite Kid, Archie 'The Stomper' Gouldie, Bret Hart and others.

In the WWF of the late 1980s, he was known as Bad News Brown, and feuded with Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper.

He had been working the last number of years as a security guard at a mall; "Teenagers are a pain in the ass. You always have to run them off," he said in July 2006. Apparently they didn't know who they were messing with. "It don’t matter to them, they're tough."

Coage is survived by his wife Helen and their children.

."
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/3678

r.i.p ernie ladd i used to always see him when i was a kid. he was a big star here in New Olreans midsouth wrestling

actually met him at a friends house. he was a friend of the sister of my baby sitter, she used to date superfly jimmy snuka when i was little.

WWE Hall Of Famer "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd Passes Away
Date Added: March 11, 2007
sources: Wrestling Observer, PWInsider.com

The News Star out of Monroe, Louisiana is reporting that WWE Hall of Famer "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd has passed away. Ladd had been battling colon cancer, which spread to his stomach and bones for the past three plus years. Due to knee problems, he'd largely been confined to a wheelchair. Here is their story:

Ernie Ladd, NFL Hall of Fame football player and wrestler, has died
By Nick Deriso

Ernie Ladd, who rose to fame as a football player but made his name nationally as a wrestler, died overnight, according to family members.

Ladd, 68, had battled cancer — first in his colon, then later in his stomach and bones — since 2004. Born Nov. 28, 1938, in Rayville, but raised in Orange, Texas, he worked through his final years as a pastor in the Louisiana town of Franklin.

Funeral arrangements were still pending today, according to Roslyn Ladd, his wife of more than 45 years.

Selected 15th in the American Football League draft by San Diego out of Grambling College, Ladd appeared in three of that now-defunct league's championship games, winning the 1963 title.

"We were like a family," Ladd told The News-Star in May 2005. "We were one of the first integrated teams, with black players and white players as roommates."

He had entered professional football as a heralded 1960 first-team all-league defensive college lineman under former Grambling coach Eddie Robinson. There, Ladd helped GSU to its first-ever Southwestern Athletic Conference championship.

At 6-9 and 315 pounds, he was arguably the biggest GSU star to ever play for Robinson, who remains the all-time winningest football coach in Division I history.

"The first year he was here, he taught me a lesson," Robinson once said. "He told me how good he was. Sure, I'd say. Then he hurt somebody. I'd feel sorry for the people he was tackling."
Elected to four straight AFL All-Star Games from 1962-1965, he later played with the Houston Oilers and the National Football League's Kansas City Chiefs. While with the Chiefs, he reunited with future Pro Football Hall of Famer Junious "Buck" Buchanan, another Grambling product, and was on the roster for both of Kansas City's Super Bowl appearances.

Ladd began wrestling as a sideline during his rookie AFL season, and found the payday and fame so alluring that eventually he gave up pro football. It was there that he picked up a nickname that would remain with him for life: "Big Cat."

Ladd's storylines resonated during wrestling's earliest flowering as a national attraction, not to mention signature moves that included the "guillotine drop" and a boot to the face. Rivalries with Andre the Giant and Dusty Rhodes helped shape wrestling's 1970s persona.

Today, he's the only person in both the American Football League and World Wrestling Federation halls of fame. Ladd is also a 1994 inductee into the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame, and joined the San Diego Hall of Champions in 2004.

Ladd's knees were so damaged — his first surgery came while still in college — that in his final years, he walked down long staircases backward. But Ladd's boundless spirit was unbowed by his body's failures, as he displayed a touch of humor even after that cancer diagnosis.

"The doctor told me I had three-to-six months to live," Ladd said in 2005, then at the mid-way point in his nearly four year battle with the disease. "I told him Dr. Jesus has the verdict on me
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

WWE Hall of Famer Arnold Skaaland Passes Away
Date Added: March 14, 2007
source: WWE.com

"Golden Boy" Arnold Skaaland, a WWE Hall of Famer and member of the WWE family for more than a half-century, passed away Tuesday at age 82. Here is WWE.com's report:

Arnold Skaaland passes away
Written: March 14, 2007

“Golden Boy” Arnold Skaaland, a WWE Hall of Famer and a member of the WWE family for over a half-century, passed away Tuesday at the age of 82, with his wife, Betty, by his side.

Arnie was involved in virtually every aspect of sports-entertainment, from grappling to managing to promoting. During the era of the World Wide Wrestling Federation, Skaaland was a stockholder of Capitol Wrestling Corporation, and a producer of live events at the Westchester County Center.

As a wrestler, Skaaland was fearless, taking on much larger men and always giving them a fight. In 1967, he and Spiros Arion won the now-defunct WWE United States Tag Team Championship. He also served as the referee for the famous 1962 match in Japan between “Classy” Freddie Blassie and Rikidozan.

Another generation of fans may remember Skaaland as a manager. He regularly accompanied Bruno Sammartino to the ring during his reigns as WWWF Champion, and later led Bob Backlund to the same title. Perhaps Skaaland’s most controversial moment occurred while managing Backlund; on Dec. 23, 1983, he threw in the towel for Backlund after the Iron Sheik trapped the titlist in the camel clutch – ending the clean-living kingpin’s long reign as WWE Champion.

Skaaland was a legend in all facets of sports-entertainment, and in 1994, he became a member of the first full class inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=28925

ImageImage
ImageImage

SHERRI MARTEL PASSES AWAY
By: Bob Ryder
6/15/2007 3:20:26 PM

Sherri Martel passed away earlier today at age 49. Martel was a former AWA and WWF Women's Champion and was later known for her role as manager of top stars like Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, and Ric Flair. She was inducted last year into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Her most recent appearance nationally was on an episode of TNA iMPACT! when she appeared to offer her services as manager to Robert Roode.

Everyone at 1Wrestling.com sends condolences to the friends and family of Sherri Martel. She was a friend that will be greatly missed.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Post by pavelbure »

i never cared for her too much. just sad to see another one from the 80's go again.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!