Best Genesis/Mega Drive emulator for DC?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Juan »

It's a terrible pirate.
alb3530
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by alb3530 »

Christuserloeser wrote:
alb3530 wrote:some staff, mod, coder: could you please test these games in the latest build (that's not available for the masses) to see if they work?

-Strider Returns, to see if it's playable (not ghost elements anymore)
Sorry, I don't have that game on my test disc because I don't like it =P I will include it to my next test disc.
Ok, thanks for your efforts
Christuserloeser wrote:
alb3530 wrote:-KOF98 and Top Fighter 2000.Do they have musics played?
Yep. Both have :)
Cool.What about KOF99?
Juan wrote:It's a terrible pirate.
I like KOF98.Has someone else played "top fighter 2000"?I think the same guys that created both games.Anyway, they're talented in creating such games."Top fighter 2000" is cool, with voices, special moves and super moves...No commercial fighting game for Mega Drive has super moves, i think
Http_user_agent:
NokiaN80-1/3.0 (4.0623.0.41) Series60/3.0
Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1
cristfc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by cristfc »

but, kof99, kof98 and top fighter 2000 runs with accelerate music, dont?
in all modes the music is fast than normal :(
thanks for this awesome emulator.. :)
Again, Legendary Levels return!!
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Wow i tired that kof98 and man was it horriable ><
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

cristfc wrote:but, kof99, kof98 and top fighter 2000 runs with accelerate music, dont?
in all modes the music is fast than normal :(
If you try with Quzar's build from 18. January, then the music actually is playing too fast. But we are talking about a newer build that's currently not been released in public yet.
Insane homebrew collector.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Then try NOT to talk about it in public to avoid confusion :P
Christuserloeser

I got your point, but then again it's NOT a big secret that it's beeing worked on ;)
alb3530
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by alb3530 »

RMD wrote:Wow i tired that kof98 and man was it horriable ><
Have you tried Top Fighter 2000 too?Take a look at a video my brother recorded:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nUb0QZNf8t8
Http_user_agent:
Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Juan wrote:Then try NOT to talk about it in public to avoid confusion :P
It's actually publicly availible, if you know how to find it =P. I didn't want to make a big release just because this weekend I should be able to make another big set of changes for a more major release.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

Quzar wrote:I didn't want to make a big release just because this weekend I should be able to make another big set of changes for a more major release.
Love to hear that.
Can you advance us some of that new stuff?
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
alb3530
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by alb3530 »

Quzar wrote:
Juan wrote:Then try NOT to talk about it in public to avoid confusion :P
It's actually publicly availible, if you know how to find it =P
At the moment, the only way i see to find it is asking you that very polite question: where to get it?
Http_user_agent:
Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Well, since it says "publicdownloads" I might just post it.

...http://www.screamcast.net/publicdownloads/
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Just to keep people from continuously browsing the whole screamcast ftp... http://www.screamcast.net/publicdownloa ... 012707.zip
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
gaffa2002
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gaffa2002 »

Hi!
I'm really new on running emulators on the DC (i mean, never seen an mega drive emulator running on it). And i've noticed the sound is a bit "cracky" in all the games... Is that a normal behavior or i've done something wrong?
I'd also like to make a question to the developers:
Do you think the DC in the future can handle a emulator with the same compatibility we see in the PC ones(not the same resolution or with filters, but the audio/video, bug free, etc)? I mean, the DC hardware can handle it?

Thanks!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

gaffa2002 wrote:Do you think the DC in the future can handle a emulator with the same compatibility we see in the PC ones(not the same resolution or with filters, but the audio/video, bug free, etc)? I mean, the DC hardware can handle it?
No. We've already had to sacrifice compatability for speed all over the place, especially in the video department, and the sound emulation is kind of crappy (accurate enough, but the sampling rate is really low). The DC does only have a 200MHz CPU, after all.

It is possible to improve it substantially, but the amount of work required makes it pretty unlikely.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

BlackAura wrote:
No. We've already had to sacrifice compatability for speed all over the place, especially in the video department, and the sound emulation is kind of crappy (accurate enough, but the sampling rate is really low). The DC does only have a 200MHz CPU, after all.

It is possible to improve it substantially, but the amount of work required makes it pretty unlikely.
thanks for your work expend on this BlackAura!
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
gaffa2002
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gaffa2002 »

Thanks a lot for the information!

By the way... great job with the emulator! Most games are playable (it resembles the first PC emulators like Kgen and Genecyst)
Christuserloeser

I've uploaded the SBI for Quzar's bugfix release to DCHelp's SBI Repository:
http://www.dchelp.net/sbi/files/Emus/Ge ... -Quzar.sbi
BlackAura wrote:
gaffa2002 wrote:Do you think the DC in the future can handle a emulator with the same compatibility we see in the PC ones(not the same resolution or with filters, but the audio/video, bug free, etc)? I mean, the DC hardware can handle it?

Still, it definitly is possible to improve the emulator in many departments, especially in terms of compatibility (new FAME version with proper IRQ handling instead of the current one in Quzar's build, FAZE instead of CZ80, etc.). That will fix a lot of problems in the current build, and should even get rid of most problems with the previous releases from 2006 by you and Warmtoe.

After all, I agree with you though: It won't achieve Gens compatibility and there will remain some bugs that likely never will get fixed. I do have the hope though that we will see sound emulation at 24khz and a fix for vertical scrolling some day.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Christuserloeser wrote:Still, it definitly is possible to improve the emulator in many departments, especially in terms of compatibility (new FAME version with proper IRQ handling instead of the current one in Quzar's build, FAZE instead of CZ80, etc.). That will fix a lot of problems in the current build, and should even get rid of most problems with the previous releases from 2006 by you and Warmtoe.
Please stop making promises, or speculations or whatever you want to call them that you can't possibly know to be true.
Christuserloeser

Guess you're right. It's just that I am very excited about this emulator.

Still, I assume that many compatibility problems in the builds from 2006 are related to CZ80, so once it's replaced with FAZE these could be history. Then I read what Fox posted about the IRQ problems with the new FAME version which cause games like Streets of Rage II not to work with FAME anymore in your build, and I think he will try to work on it. That's what I meant ;)