I might as well ask.....

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

I might as well ask.....

Post by MethodGit »

What's with all the random decision to not host QuakeDC anymore (ConsoleVision appears to be behaving the same too)? Particularly as certain QuakeDC-related files (such as HexQuake) don't appear to be mirrored elsewhere!

And yet I see a special edition DCEvolution collection release that seems okay to distribute. Confusing....
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

QuakeDC is still available here at DCEmulation.com ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Christuserloeser wrote:QuakeDC is still available here at DCEmulation.com ;)
viewtopic.php?t=86721 :?:
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

Id Software allowed us to redistribute the QuakeDC engine, but for it to be fully legal we would also need a permission from Sega (because it was made with an official devkit) and Microsoft (because it uses WinCE). This was a big problem for us because there wasn't any legal alternative to QuakeDC. Sega and Microsoft most probably knew that we were distributing it, but since they never contacted 007Cheater about it we just assumed that they didn't care. So, QuakeDC was partially illegal all this time, but we kept distributing it because it was the only decent engine available. But now that we have a fully working and legal alternative there's no need for us to keep QuakeDC available anymore.

I know that many people prefer QuakeDC because it's the only one with accelerated hi-res rendering. Trust me, I would love to implement this in nxMakaqu, but I don't have time to spend more 1 or 2 years of my life working on it. I would be extremely happy if any of the other DC coders with knowledge in 3D rendering via hardware could do this.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Christuserloeser

Juan wrote:
http://dcemulation.org/soft-quake1.htm
Fragger wrote:I know that many people prefer QuakeDC because it's the only one with accelerated hi-res rendering. Trust me, I would love to implement this in nxMakaqu, but I don't have time to spend more 1 or 2 years of my life working on it. I would be extremely happy if any of the other DC coders with knowledge in 3D rendering via hardware could do this.
Maybe we should set up a paypal account to pay someone for that work ? The only one I know of that would be capable to do this would be BlackAura.

If we raise enough money we could also ask Rand Linden for the job. He's extremely expierenced with both Quake and the Dreamcast.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Christuserloeser wrote:
Juan wrote:
http://dcemulation.org/soft-quake1.htm
Thanks for the heads up.
Christuserloeser wrote:If we raise enough money we could also ask Rand Linden for the job. He's extremely expierenced with both Quake and the Dreamcast.
Rand certainly would be able to do it, and certainly could have done it ages ago, but I think he may be not interested in doing it, despite the money.

It's really a shame that Bero disappeared. If we could at least get his GLQuake port to compile correctly we could start from there.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Christuserloeser

Fragger wrote:It's really a shame that Bero disappeared. If we could at least get his GLQuake port to compile correctly we could start from there.
Did you try it with KGL recently ? I've emailed Bero when you posted your answer but I've not recieved a reply yet.

There must be a way to get his code working.
Christuserloeser

Fragger, could you pm me or BlackAura the current version of your nxMakaqu source code ?
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

the source code for nxMakaqu is included in the download
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I didn't try using KGL or KGL-X, I'm very busy with other things. I haven't done anything on the source since the 1.2 release, besides the Fightoon-specific features.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==