PS2: Disgaea Hour Of Darkness

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PS2: Disgaea Hour Of Darkness

Post by Eckostyle »

I remembe this game held a $50+ price tag for quite sometime. Since Im pretty much trading in all but a few of my PS2 games(never play it anymore, and I want 360 games), Is this one worth hanging onto for value at all?

Thanks.

P.S. - Do not buy CoD3 for the 360 if you plan to play it online. Activision fails at online platforms.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

It has definitely depreciated in value over the past few months. You might get $36-40 out of it, but I doubt you'll get $50+.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I think it was sneakily re-pressed; at least in Europe it was almost impossible to find for a long time and then the market was flooded again with new copies just in time for the sequel and PSP versions announcement (same with Gitaroo man)

I thought CoD3 was meant to be pretty good online in an Enemy Territory / Team Fortress kind of way?
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

To rush it out for t Holiday '06, they implemented a P2P system instead of the usual Host system, so the majority of the time, you cant join any Player matches and rarely any ranked matches because of the complications it has with networks, and that you have to have an identical "connection" with every player in the game, or it wont allow you to connect.

I really should start renting these things.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

The value has dropped now. Just before Disgaea 2 was released, a used copy in mint condition on ebay often went for $80-90. For awhile, it was $60 used from ebgames. Now a used copy goes for $30-$40, and ebgames lists the used copy back in stock for $40. There have been reports that new copies sometimes trickle into the game stores, so I suspect there was a re-pressing. How extensive, I don't know. While you can find a new copy again if you look, the market is certainly not flooded with a zillion copies that I am aware of. The value could go back up again. It's hard to say.

Whatever you do, don't trade it in to a game store as they usually want to make a 2.5-3X profit minimum from any game they buy from you (so an ebgames might give you $15 for it).
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

There was a re-pressing of the US version at least. I don't recall the name of the company, but some company negotiated rights to do a re-release of it.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

GameQuest Direct is to blame for all the reprints in the US.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

politoe wrote:GameQuest Direct is to blame for all the reprints in the US.
I had a hunch about that but I couldn't remember the company's name.
deemoney
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deemoney »