DcDivX Beta 4 RELEASED!!!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DcDivX Beta 4 RELEASED!!!

Post by JDCreationz »

Go to http://www.dcvision.com to find out more :lol:
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

The descambled bin is included with the files,
I burnt it using DI and and tried it out.
This is what I think:

The GUI is still the same, which is ok.

The mp3 playback is now better, because it loads straight away, and doesnt go to the loading screen, but stays on the menu screen.
DivX movies load quicker, but on mine the picture froze while the sound played for the first fifteen seconds or so, then the picture caught up and played back. So the shorter loading time isnt really a benefit. :P

Playback seems to be improved, I noticed less frameskip on my higher res movies (384x192x900kbs).

I havnt tried ogg support, since I dont have anything that uses it.

I would say that this is a good update, since the first few seconds of a movie is usually taken up with logos and such. This would be annoying if it wernt tho...

Good work guys.
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

Well I think it's nice to see a new release like this, couldn't have come at a better time...some thought it was abandoned.
Well, anyways what is this VP3 format and why should we care? Also how does ogg vorbis compare to mp3 ...I haven't tried it yet. maybe WMA support would be cool (it's like 25% smaller than mp3).
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I dont see any improvement with the new version but its always good to know its not dead.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

I tried some anime's and they run just a bit more smooth than on previous releases
ShinAkuma
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ShinAkuma »

You know, i tried to burn the nero and dj images from this site and both times burning failed. DJ said something about track at once. I picked it and it said something about burning another cd. I can't remember what the probelm was with nero, but i'm not gonna wast e another cd to find out. Are the images bad? Or do you have to burn them with a certain version? i'm sure i have the latest.
Jack_15
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Jack_15 »

Well I havent tride it yet but i am going to burn rigth now but i will make my own image because i have some movies to try out i hope it works beter than the last version

P.S. Is fast-forward and rewind still buggy ??
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

ShinAkuma wrote:You know, i tried to burn the nero and dj images from this site and both times burning failed. DJ said something about track at once. I picked it and it said something about burning another cd. I can't remember what the probelm was with nero, but i'm not gonna wast e another cd to find out. Are the images bad? Or do you have to burn them with a certain version? i'm sure i have the latest.

this happens if you have an hp burner or an older model burner which doesnt support track at once modes. The audio XA track is too short for the burner to record. NEw burners overcome this problem.
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
ShinAkuma
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ShinAkuma »

I have a Sony 8x CD Burner. If i can burn DJ images of games, I don't see why I can't burn this...

EDIT: I Just burned the nero image from dcvision with track at once, so it must have been the images from here at dc emu giving me crap. I have a question tho. How hard is playing divx movies like this on a DC? I don't wanna wreck it.
Maggoty
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Impressed

Post by Maggoty »

Burnt off the nero image at lunch time and tried it at home. I'm pretty impressed.... mp3 support is cool... and yeah.. tried many of my divx's which obviously didn't work .. probably cause of too big a resolution/mp3 quality, although i got one movie right off the bat to work alright... but yeah... awesome job fellas, keep up the grand work. If this keeps get worked on bit by bit and improved, this has real potential... keep up the good work.. rock on, and keep it real..

maggoty :D
ShinAkuma
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ShinAkuma »

Yeah, same here. Tried a few files, only could get an old dbz cd i had to work (so far). I can't play my justice league :(
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ShinAkuma wrote:I have a Sony 8x CD Burner. If i can burn DJ images of games, I don't see why I can't burn this...
I also have that burner, what you need to do to get the DCDivX DJ images working is to enable RAW write under DJ's advanced tab before starting the burn.
ShinAkuma
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ShinAkuma »

Thanks for the tip. As for DC Divx, it's not the best, but after all it is just a beta, and yeah this definately has good potential. I just wish there was some good documentation on this that tell what exactly it supports and what not.
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

To the people who couldnt get the images to work,
I had the same problem, I even made my own image and that didnt work, Im not sure why, but I got it to work by adding the unscambled bin (icluded with the plain files) into Dream Inducer.
I had the same problem with I think beta 1 too.
Anyway maybe 007 will make a super-compatable image like he did for beta 3. Has anyone else had the same loading situation as me?
polochon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by polochon »

Ogg support works great , just to mention ;)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

For those interested - OGG Vorbis is another form of audio compression meant to compete with MP3. Like Windows Media Audio it has better quality/compression ratio but also like WMA it never really took off.

http://www.vorbis.com/
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

Once your done with this project gottahavit, what are you going to do in the DC scene? :)
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

DcDIvx is gonna be the offical video player in all fan made Dreamcast Games. It work quite good to for opening movies.

Hey mr.siggler hows that mapper and editor coming?.

I wish someone just just make a title screen and options maker with optionaly opening movie in DC DIVX format. That be kicking ass.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
polochon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by polochon »

Hey ,there is ogg support but there is also Vp3 support witch is a video codec very impressive in dcdivx .

This is what Ihave post in project mayo furum

Ok ,I've tested with 35 KBytes/s (vp3) and it works extremely fine on my 5 minutes clip.

First you have to resize with virtualdub...
then select VP31 compressor in the compression menu and set "Use target data rate of" with 35 KBytes/s .
also set "Force keyframes every" to 300 .
Then for the configuration codec leave it at the default values......

For the sound use Lame with a bandwith of 44Kbit/s equal to 5 KB/s (mono with accuracy of 16 bit).

For my test I have used a rez of 320*240 and the quality of the pictures was truly great

I will continue to investigate with widescreen movie (rez of 320*176 ),I'm pretty sure that the quality is even better

For me Vp3 is the best codec for DCdivx ... you must try it out !

the URL to download Vp3 codec : (D/L the windows codec for WMP)

http://www.vp3.com/register/register.shtml
Maggoty
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

dcdivx is freaking me out....

Post by Maggoty »

Trying a few more divx's that i have, and wacked in Traffic.. that long arse movie which isn't too bad.. anyway.. i'm not sure of the res or whatever.. all that techy stuff, but it is playing it perfectly... and i mean perfectly.. very watchable.. everything about it is good...

perfectly centered in the screen and everything... a lot of the divx's i have , i've found offset themselves to the bottom left of the screen and the picture kind of overlaps.. i'm guessing that is a resolution problem or something.. but yeah..

I will once again praise these guys that are making this... if optimizations are possible.. i dunno.. but yeah.. there is such a future for this piece of software... and will be praising these fella's all the way.. :-) rock on..

maggoty