Another New Dreamcast Game!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Another New Dreamcast Game!

Post by mrandyk »

Milestone has decided to release another dreamcast shooter, titled karous. The game is also avalible for preorder from play-asia, http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-x-4 ... -1s2a.html. The game is set to be released March 8th and of course is a japan only release.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Seems it comes out two weeks after Trigger Heart.
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

Awesome. That means Last Hope in January, Trigger Heart Exelica in February, and Karous (Crow) in March. Hopefully GoatStore will release GOAT Games or Radium or one of the others in April. We could have one new game a month this whole year :P.

Hail Picard!
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I need to get my dreamcast working first, but I'll prolly preorder. I need to find a dc that I can pull a replacement controller port from. (I lifted/fried a trace on my old one trying to change the boring orange l.e.d.)
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Official website. The "system" page contains a trailer.

It looks nice, and is another cel-shaded shooter.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Ugh only game I wanted was friggin canned for DC. Where is my senko no rondo :(
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

wont be long until the dreamcast is getting releases every few weeks and is brought back into production :D
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

very nice news, cant wait for that !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

At first I thought that this might be linked to the anime 'Karas' but having viewed the trailer, it seems to be unrelated apart from the name similarity and looks remarkably like Radirgy but with a darker visual tone.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

mrandyk wrote:wont be long until the dreamcast is getting releases every few weeks and is brought back into production :D
No.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

RMD wrote:Ugh only game I wanted was friggin canned for DC. Where is my senko no rondo :(
It's on Xbox360. :?
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Xylene wrote:
mrandyk wrote:wont be long until the dreamcast is getting releases every few weeks and is brought back into production :D
No.
That is a pipedream.

For $60 US they can screw themselves. This is a console thats been dead for the better part of a decade, the fact you sell any games is a miracle in itself. Paying $60 is out of the question.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

youd think that these games wouldnt sell at all for 60 dollars on a system dead for the better half of the decade, but all of them have sold like crazy and some get completely sold out and get a second printing.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

mrandyk wrote:youd think that these games wouldnt sell at all for 60 dollars on a system dead for the better half of the decade, but all of them have sold like crazy and some get completely sold out and get a second printing.
Oh no they will sell "like crazy" when they print 30k units at most and every otaku in Japan sees "ZOMG new Dreamcast game! Must have it because it was released long after it was dead!". Same with the collectors here.

$60 is still way too much money for a 360 game, let alone a Dreamcast game that doesn't begin to warrent the profit margin they are attempting to ask for.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

APE wrote:
mrandyk wrote:youd think that these games wouldnt sell at all for 60 dollars on a system dead for the better half of the decade, but all of them have sold like crazy and some get completely sold out and get a second printing.
Oh no they will sell "like crazy" when they print 30k units at most and every otaku in Japan sees "ZOMG new Dreamcast game! Must have it because it was released long after it was dead!". Same with the collectors here.

$60 is still way too much money for a 360 game, let alone a Dreamcast game that doesn't begin to warrent the profit margin they are attempting to ask for.
Don't bother, APE. I got banned for this before.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

APE wrote:

i agree that $60 is too much for a 360 game or any game in general, but these people making the dreamcast games realize that they will sell at $60 so they sell them for that much. i just wish that a new game was made that wasnt a shooter, nothing against shooters its just a different genre would be nice.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I love to see more games but I don't think I'll buy it. Karous just doesn't interest me other than for the artwork. Gameplay looks less fun than Trigger Heart's.

The every once in a while I play a shooter I'll probably stick with Under Defeat. It's easy to pick up with a friend as well because of the simple gameplay.

I'd rather have seen Melty Blood or Senko No Ronde to be honest.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Stormwatch wrote:
RMD wrote:Ugh only game I wanted was friggin canned for DC. Where is my senko no rondo :(
It's on Xbox360. :?
Hence why I have it for 360. Its far to good of a game not to own and I know it will become a over priced rarity in the future.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Why is it that I'm shocked every single time this happens? I mean seriously, I'm excited as hell. When the fuck will the Dreamcast just die? :o
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

GyroVorbis wrote:Why is it that I'm shocked every single time this happens? I mean seriously, I'm excited as hell. When the fuck will the Dreamcast just die? :o