greatest get a mac commercial yet

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

greatest get a mac commercial yet

Post by |darc| »

http://images.apple.com/movies/us/apple ... 80x376.mov

not funny... until the last 3 seconds... :guffaw:
Last edited by |darc| on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's thinking...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Has thanked: 0

Post by Calavera »

You'll see why 1985 won't be.... like 1985.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
Been thanked: 0

Post by APE »

I don't see why that commercial would tempt anyone to buy a Maq over a PC. Ok so kids do stuff on Windows and don't on Maqs? I'm confused, wouldn't that mean the Maq isn't kid friendly?
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

It's a very poor and stupid commercial.
BizarroFiddler
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by BizarroFiddler »

APE wrote:Ok so kids do stuff on Windows and don't on Maqs? I'm confused, wouldn't that mean the Maq isn't kid friendly?
The intended appearance is that the Windows PC isn't really designed for creative and kid-friendly tasks, so it gets cluttered and bogged down with them, while the Mac doesn't really see it as anything out of the ordinary.

...Has anyone else noticed that PC does most of the talking in the new ads, complaining about his own "faults" rather than having Mac make fun of him? I can't help thinking this is a conscious response to how a lot of people (read: everyone) sees the Mac guy as a smug little prick.
A very special Fiddler, just for Null.

***VOTE BIZARROFIDDLER FOR WORST FORUM FAD '06!***
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:It's a very poor and stupid commercial.
I personally love and hate the Get a Mac commercials. I love them because I see things from Apple's point of view, but I hate them because I feel that anyone else would simply get annoyed by them. This specific one isn't very good, except when I was watching it my interests were on another window by the end of the ad, and I had to do a double take when he said "I'm going to listen to some emo..." and walked away with the anarchist sign on his back.
It's thinking...
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Honestly I just hate how misleading the comercials are. Fun stuff, can be done a PC easily. I taught my grand mom how to use the Gimp in like no time flat, and showed her some tutorial sites for tricks with in the program. Also how gaming?
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:Honestly I just hate how misleading the comercials are. Fun stuff, can be done a PC easily. I taught my grand mom how to use the Gimp in like no time flat, and showed her some tutorial sites for tricks with in the program. Also how gaming?
Gaming on a Maq is still just as bad as it was 5 years ago. Some good stuff that the PC saw a year+ prior with very little in the way of exclusivity. Same goes for Linux but they at least have cedega. Don't think Maqs can use Steam in any fashion.

As for my person opinion on the commericals:

A) Gross over generalization that misleads the consumer on all fronts
B) The PC guy is well educated and a Maq user, the Maq guy is an actor without much of a career.
C) Due to A, they serve to mock the PC user as if they're stupid.
D) Neither side appears terribly knowledgeable about their own platform aside from what's wrong with the PC and whats great about the Maq. Aside from that you might as well be asking a shoe salesman about hammers.

Apple did the same thing with the switch campaign, demean the PC and make the Maq look good. The few Windows commercials I've seen serve to boast about how great they are rather than how great they are by comparison. Apple seems to continuously try to look better by comparing themselves to the next guy rather than "gee look what we have and how cool it is". In that process they mock those of us who know the truth and wish to strangle them.[/i]
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

We dont get those ass commercials over here.

The one and only Mac commercial I can recall being broadcast over here regurlarly was the "now with the power of a pentium chip" one with Keiffer Sutherland doing the voiceover.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

i think they're just more or less trying to market it as an entertainment machine with simple navigation and reliablity.. not making the pc user look like an idiot (not in this one, that is)
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

APE wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote:Honestly I just hate how misleading the comercials are. Fun stuff, can be done a PC easily. I taught my grand mom how to use the Gimp in like no time flat, and showed her some tutorial sites for tricks with in the program. Also how gaming?
Gaming on a Maq is still just as bad as it was 5 years ago. Some good stuff that the PC saw a year+ prior with very little in the way of exclusivity. Same goes for Linux but they at least have cedega. Don't think Maqs can use Steam in any fashion.
I'm not going to lie and say that the native gaming is great, but it is better than 5 years ago, even if not by much.

CrossOver Mac can run Steam and the Half-Life games just fine. I run NS on my laptop occasionally.

That is, of course, excluding Boot Camp/XP on Mac, which will run everything just fine. But for the sake of this argument, it doesn't count.

APE wrote:The few Windows commercials I've seen serve to boast about how great they are rather than how great they are by comparison
The thing is people see Windows and think "oh yeah, that's what I have on my computer! Hmm, those new computers out now have a better looking screen!" but they see Mac OS X and have no idea what they're even looking at. If Apple wants to increase market share, they must market themselves against Windows. Not that I think the get a Mac ads are good at that.
It's thinking...
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Windows comericals are much more eligant and simply explain how versitle windows is and all the great things you can do on it.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

RMD wrote:Windows comericals are much more eligant and simply explain how versitle windows is and all the great things you can do on it.
I think the Mac commercials have always tried to create the sense of simplicity that their OS seemingly offers with their minimalist production, whereas Windows commercials show a bunch of pretty colors and cute kids.

I'm not defending either, it's just an observation.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Mac is spelled with a 'c' not a 'q'
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Why dont they actually show macs or the mac os in the ads? I would think the mac design and the user interface would sell machines.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
APE wrote:
I'm not going to lie and say that the native gaming is great, but it is better than 5 years ago, even if not by much.

CrossOver Mac can run Steam and the Half-Life games just fine. I run NS on my laptop occasionally.

That is, of course, excluding Boot Camp/XP on Mac, which will run everything just fine. But for the sake of this argument, it doesn't count.

APE wrote:The few Windows commercials I've seen serve to boast about how great they are rather than how great they are by comparison
The thing is people see Windows and think "oh yeah, that's what I have on my computer! Hmm, those new computers out now have a better looking screen!" but they see Mac OS X and have no idea what they're even looking at. If Apple wants to increase market share, they must market themselves against Windows. Not that I think the get a Mac ads are good at that.
Honestly I wouldn't count the Boot camp just because if you want to play a game you have to Boot into windows away from your work just to play. Personally I use games on my PC to take me away from my work for 10 to 15 so I can collect my thoughts on what I needed to be distracted from. But to play main stream games you have to use emulation. Even the virtual console is quite buggy.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

greay wrote:Mac is spelled with a 'c' not a 'q'
Don't bother, him and Uzza have been spelling it like that for years.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Speaking of Uzza, where did he go?
/me misses him.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Xylene wrote:
greay wrote:Mac is spelled with a 'c' not a 'q'
Don't bother, him and Uzza have been spelling it like that for years.

Because they're cool.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

maq r teh ghey lolz i hav teh dell d00ds