Mike Tyson Vs. Lennox Lewis

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Tyson Vs. Lennox

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:04 pm

Total votes: 0
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AmadeusZull »

Okay time for key points during the fight.

1- Pre Interview with Tyson - Tyson was so calm and piolite full to the commentator. Tyson was up to something, i just believe he knew he was ready to get knocked out.
2- Ref in Tyson's locker room - Again i laughed so hard when Tyson shook the refs hand and said "Thank you sir!". another classic but again shows somethign is up with Tyson.
3 - Post Interview with Tyson - He kept thanking Lewis for taking him on. and blurt out he said all those things to sell tickets.

Yes it is fishy.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 »

There comes a time in one's life when you have to break your mold, and great books curtail this with "Dynamic Characters."

While I'm not saying I was all that satisfied with Iron Mike's performance in the ring, I have to say his performance outside the ring was very indicitive of the respect a boxer of his class should exemplify as good sportmanlike conduct. He was, for Mike Tyson, very well spoken, soft and above most curteous.

The man said it himself, he was more than grateful at having a shot to fight again, and most importantly make another payday. Anyone whom has ever been down on their luck in life financially, emotionally and spiritually may be able to empathize with Tyson as the the man was clearly trying to show his appreciation for not only Lennox, but again, the fact that he gave Tyson a shot when not even el diablo himself, Don King, wouldn't.

When asked about all the talk before the fight, Tyson replied like a true business man and stated it was all to move ticket sales, something I'm sure he learned when he dabbled in Wrestling some years back (wwf or wcw forgot which.)

That said, Tyson has a rematch option in his contract with Lennox, after Lennox has another fight. Coincidentally, Tyson himself knew he needed 3 more fights before jumping in the ring with Lennox, however Lewis' camp could not make any agreements at any other dates, and therefore Tyson had to take the challenge prematurely, and under conditioned.

I look forward to the rematch, if so not only to see Tyson try for vindication, but also to see the man I grew up watching and trying to beat on the NES do what he loves most, Knock People the Fvck Out...
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

ssj4goku128 wrote:I don't get it... don't you guys know? Tyson WAS ON ZOLOFT PEOPLE!!! They put him on it so that he doesn't burst into a rage and do something crazy!!!! But the negative side effects are that he cannot fight worth anything when he is on it!!!! PLEEEEASE.... Tyson did not even throw a single punch!!! thats what ZOLOFT will do to you!!!! PLease take him off it when the rematch comes. Then we will see who the true heavyweight champion is.
Lennox Lewis isn't a heavyweight. He's in the class super heavy weight.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

No more excuses for Tyson. He needs to retire with what little dignity he has left. Leeeeewis! Leeeeeeewis!
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

That wasn't an excuse for Tyson. I was just saying that Lewis was in a different class than Tyson, because he said who the true heavyweight chap would be, but Lewis isn't a true heavyweight. I think he fights heavyweight because there is no one else in the super heavy weight class.
-Mike Jones

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

TreyDay wrote:That wasn't an excuse for Tyson. I was just saying that Lewis was in a different class than Tyson, because he said who the true heavyweight chap would be, but Lewis isn't a true heavyweight. I think he fights heavyweight because there is no one else in the super heavy weight class.
I think you have a point. This is the last true great heavyweight contest there is going to be for a long long time. However, when people like George Foreman (the lean mean fat grilling machine is actually pretty good!) say that he is up there with Ali and Frazier, you have to listen.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

perry2175 wrote:Yeah, Tyson is just a front. It honestly is time for him to retire.
I disagree. Tyson may have his personal problems, and isnt an all around smart guy, but he HAD mad skillz back in his youth. He just allowed himself to be surrounded by corrupt individuals (King), and he let himself slip. But even he is no match for a guy like Lennox, with nearly twice the height and reach. He should retire, but be remembered as a skilled boxer.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
CanadaKicksAss
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CanadaKicksAss »

Oh god are you guys still talking about this damn Tyson fight. Lewis kicked the sh! t out of Tyson. Lewis is the superiour boxer and tyson does not stand a chance against him. Case closed
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I don't know, they whole zoloft thing has me thinking it would actually be a fight if he wasn't on it. I watched him just about kill that Brian Nielson guy in Europe. But I think since his first trainer, Gus D'Amato?, died, he just stop caring. If Roy Jones, Jr. ever makes it to heavyweight he would be killed by Lewis, he would probally be beat by Rahman. naw, nevermind, Rahman sucks.
-Mike Jones

liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

that fight blew
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

I truly think he can still beat Lewis. There are mixed interviews after the fight. There is one interview where, when he is on Zoloft, he says:"Maybe I'll fade out of history just like Pac." In another interview where it shows him working out only a week after the loss, he says that "Lewis ain't nothing but a bitch that gotta be handled"(this was on CNNSI news). So I think he still can beat him since it WAS the Zoloft that made him soft. I think they gotta take him off of it though b4 the fight and during the fight.
jimbull
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jimbull »

He is finished for good. This Zoloft thing is an excuse. The real controversy should be why his people didnt pull him when he was sat in the corner clearly stating that he couldnt go on.
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

The "Zoloft thing" is not an excuse. It is true. Had he not taken Zoloft and lost, he would have truly given Lewis a sucker punch at the end, which obviously he did not do. I think he still could have beaten Lewis. Freakin 8 round of beatings and he could not floor him. The knockouts were all pushes, not punches. If Tyson had thrown even one punch, he would have knocked out Lewis easily.
jimbull
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jimbull »

Tyson fell squatted and was about to be knockedout in the 7th...before the biased yank ref stepped in.

Lewis was his daddy, it wasnt even a contest.
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

Damn... y'all don't got any knowledge of boxing do you? I've watched all of Muhammad Ali's, Tyson's, Holyfield's, Ruiz's, Lewis's, and Foreman's(plus a huge list of other fighters fights for heavyweights, welterweights and featherweights). Now lets see. During the early ages with Muhammad Ali, it was strictly skill. All the big name boxers had skill. Fast Forward about 35 +/- 5 years, and you see the repeated "Holding" tactic, something which is used by frikken Lewis the whole goddamned fight, not to mention the holding of the head under his armpits, which brings be to 2 points(Other than Zoloft).

1. Tyson has more skill than Lennox Lewis will ever obtain(im talkin about the current tyson. Tyson at his peak could kill any boxer. Period).

2. I too would lose to Lewis if I had to smell his freakin body odor under his armpit.

[BTW... anyone here program using KOS? I have somethings I want to port and I got strong C and C++ skillz along with Java, but I am having trouble finding the documentation[other than the samples and header files themselves] on how to use KOS. Help is appreciated[Moreso, help is needed for drawing pixels and polygons with textures on the screen]. Thanx.)
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Anybody could beat tyson huh? then what do u call Holyfield beating him? and in the rematch when holyfield was gonna beat him again he bit his ear off!
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

Well obviously you know nothing of the sport as headbutts are not inclusive to boxing matches and the person doing them is supposed to have 1-2 points taken off the card per head butt after a warning. So did you watch the Hasim Rahman VS Holyfield? The headbutts made an area right above the eye swell to the size of 2 tennis balls. I thought boxing was about punches, not head butts or holds.