Dream Explorer (VMU Tool) v0.8.5 released !

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
curtis_ray
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by curtis_ray »

SiZiOUS wrote:
hrb2k3 wrote:i can't tell you. my vmu saves are on the cd, too. so i guess its a bad idea for me to tell you.
Yes i believe it's a copy protection, and i think you shouldn't write the method you used in public, for respecting speud.

yes there is a similar protection used in some of his other stuff..mainly used to stop it from being used and launched from xdp..which was easily overcome through some hex editing.

as for "respecting" spued. well to get respect you must first earn it.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Speud wrote:Dream Explorer's news:

the new version of Dream Explorer is being developped, improvements' list includes:
- variable bitrate MP3s will now be supported by the audio player
- Skillz memory cards detection issues will be fixed
- default settings will be loaded from a default.ini file (instead of the default theme selector at starting)
- a menu to load a theme file will be added to options
- an option to change display from framebuffer (like in previous versions) to PVR (copying of screen into a texture to avoid flickering) will be added
- audio player's graphic improvements

This version should be available soon, although no date is known for now.
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

I have a problem with this program, every time i want to explore, write or read the vmu Dream Explorer crashes completly. any idea? i allready tried to format the vmu with the dreamcast bios but it didnt change anything.

PS: i want to connect with Dream Explorer to my PC, i have a BBA but where can i get the files?
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

How does this tool work? Can I download the saves to my vmu when I put the disc in the dreamcast?