Dreamcast Development Environment ISO r2

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
lo
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lo »

Huu :)
Great news, thanks.
Dreamcast alive
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dreamcast alive »

Here is another guide for setting up Dev-C++ with Fackues Iso R2:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16146

I am not sure if this guide is known here already so I just post it. I?ve tested the guide and he works fine.
hollowman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by hollowman »

Thanks for the cd, I have installed it but I'm stuck now and it seems like I'm missing something essential. Most sources I have found uses the function kos_init_all but where is it declared? I cant find it anywhere in the kos include files, is there something else that needs to be installed?
Cormega
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

trouble with dreamcast development environment

Post by Cormega »

First off I'm using DevC++, from the tutorial that fackue put up on the dcemu website.Okay, I extracted all the files and followed the process that the cd described in the program. But, when I follow fackue's tutorial and try to compile something the compiler generates an illegal error when building the makefile. I feel suspicious that there is something I missed when I extracted the files, any suggestions on what I should do. A reply back would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :D
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

hollowman wrote:Thanks for the cd, I have installed it but I'm stuck now and it seems like I'm missing something essential. Most sources I have found uses the function kos_init_all but where is it declared? I cant find it anywhere in the kos include files, is there something else that needs to be installed?
kos_init_all was removed from KOS a long while ago, probably around KOS 1.1.7.

EDIT: It was deprecated in KOS 1.1.7, and actually removed in KOS 1.1.8.

Any sources that use that function are extremely old, and will require quite a bit of porting work to make work again.