The new DJ Shadow sucks

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The new DJ Shadow sucks

Post by CupNoodle »

Granted he's going in a completely new direction, but unlike the DJ Shadow I've come to know and love, it's not dark or haunting at all. He went completely Hyphy/Crunk on this one. Anyone else disappointed with this release?
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i keep meaning to check out DJ Shadow stuff, i love" rabbit in you headlights" (i'm a radiohead fan) he also did a cool cover of "climbing up the walls"...

which is is best album, so i know where to start?
VB_User
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by VB_User »

I read an interview with him in scratch magazine and he was tryin to say that hes been doin hyphy/crunk kinda stuff all along its just starting to evolve now. He says hes always been down with cali artists and that this is the direction cali is going now.

Personally i think this whole hyphy movement is the worst to be brought into the rap game ever.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

I dig it. More the more I hear it.

There is no "Organ Donor" equivalent on it. Y'know, one of those songs that you can just completely wind up in and then it goes BOOM, but its still good.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
VB_User
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by VB_User »

No, i really dont know but it sounds like you just like it, i dont know i cant get into it. Im more of a old school traditional hip hop sound.