Wii pre-orders tomorrow at GS/EB..

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by arrowhead »

so far I have called 14 eb/gamestops and all of them are sold out of preorders. Looks like the wii will be a success.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

These "preorders" are exactly the same as the PS3 "preorders", they take your money and guarentee nothing. I'll just get one when the shipments arrive at target, friends brother in law works as a manager so I know I can definately snag one.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i preordered today....after waitng an hour in line, i was 2nd at the location got one...only seemed to have 10 per store
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

APE wrote:These "preorders" are exactly the same as the PS3 "preorders", they take your money and guarentee nothing. I'll just get one when the shipments arrive at target, friends brother in law works as a manager so I know I can definately snag one.
Well, to be fair, they hold the number of systems that are reserved. So assuming the store I bought from gets 16 Wii units (which is likely, it's a busy store), I'd be pretty much guaranteed getting one without having to wait. And even if I don't, I can get my money back, so no loss for me. This isn't like the Xbox 360 where they are having 50+ reserves at a single store.

BTW, look at Wii systems on eBay. I'm extremely tempted to sell my reserved system.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Meh, I was in school until 2:30 today (with no chance of getting out), so I couldn't preorder one. I'll just grab one off Amazon.com.
Very sexy hero, omg
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

YEAH!!!! Got the last pre-order during my lunch hour. Didn't have the heart to tell them that they're just my insurance for getting one. See, I work in the electronics dept. at Wal*Mart, so I'm pretty much guaranteed of getting one there along with using my discount. Also, for Christmas, everyone gets an extra 10% off a single item, so I'm hoping that comes through in time for Wii launch. Scoring one at midnight for $200 will be badass!!! The next day I'll walk into EB and pay off my Zelda pre-order (hooray for $40 in trade off of two games!). Then, I'll tell them to shove my non-guaranteed pre-order up their asses--they were rude as I paid my deposit--and to give me my damn money back.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I got one for my G/F. We also pre ordered the Wii version of Zelda (we had the GC one ordered) Metal Slug anthologies (for me) Exite Trucks, and Tramu Center. I was going to take my Grandmom to preorder one for me, but I decided not to.

Plus a classic controller, and a second Wiimote/nunchuck 100 dollars of pree orders.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

As I said in my pre-order thread, I got mine done a few weeks back. TRU Australia awesome because they've been taking pre-orders for months now. :lol:

They must expect the system to flop because, as I said, I get a free game on top of Wii sports. So awesome!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Skynet wrote:As I said in my pre-order thread, I got mine done a few weeks back. TRU Australia awesome because they've been taking pre-orders for months now. :lol:

They must expect the system to flop because, as I said, I get a free game on top of Wii sports. So awesome!
I really doubt they'll have enough supply to cover that...
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

i was geting worried yesterday because i had to work today (9 am to 7 pm)
so i ask my sister to preorder a wii whit zelda and she got it.........
she arrive the store around 11 am and the store clerk told her that the first person start making line a 3 am and there was only 2 more left..............

yeah baby im lucky )()(
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

atf487 wrote:
Skynet wrote:As I said in my pre-order thread, I got mine done a few weeks back. TRU Australia awesome because they've been taking pre-orders for months now. :lol:

I really doubt they'll have enough supply to cover that...
Perhaps not, but either way I'll try and get there nice and early on launch day.

Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Just because a console has huge success on limited pre-orders does not mean anything. If im not mistaken pretty much EVERY console that first comes out is like this.

In any case looks lik I will stick with the Gamecube version of Zelda since ebay assholes and super nerds are camping outside of the stories just for pre-orders. I won't lower myself to do that for it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I will stick with the Gamecube version of Zelda since ebay assholes and super nerds are camping outside of the stories just for pre-orders.
So if you're not a super nerd you're an asshole then right? I see... :roll:

And I dont think I'll be camping outside of any "stories" like you say.

Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

ironiclly i wasnt planning on waiting there an hour before open, i didnt realize they opened at 10 and not 9...but since there was a line and i was there i figured what the hell...this is the first system i perordered
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Number Six wrote:YEAH!!!! Got the last pre-order during my lunch hour. Didn't have the heart to tell them that they're just my insurance for getting one. See, I work in the electronics dept. at Wal*Mart, so I'm pretty much guaranteed of getting one there along with using my discount. Also, for Christmas, everyone gets an extra 10% off a single item, so I'm hoping that comes through in time for Wii launch. Scoring one at midnight for $200 will be badass!!! The next day I'll walk into EB and pay off my Zelda pre-order (hooray for $40 in trade off of two games!). Then, I'll tell them to shove my non-guaranteed pre-order up their asses--they were rude as I paid my deposit--and to give me my damn money back.
Don't get a refund on your pre-order, just transfer the balance to Zelda ;)
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

Yeah, true. But I only owe about $10 on Zelda. I could transfer that, I suppose. Then refund the rest. I would NOT, however, transfer it to another game because if I get my games at work I can use my discount. :P
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Number Six wrote:Yeah, true. But I only owe about $10 on Zelda. I could transfer that, I suppose. Then refund the rest. I would NOT, however, transfer it to another game because if I get my games at work I can use my discount. :P
Do you work at Walmart in Canada or the USA?
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

US. Does it matter? Is there some catch to the Wal*Mart Associate discount in Canada that I wouldn't know? Whatever...Wii, here I come!!!