Anyone get the Scarface game yet?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone get the Scarface game yet?

Post by Lunchbox »

I'd put it in the "GTA clones that don't suck" category along with Saints Row. It's really good, I highly recommend trying it if you liked the movie. Balls meter FTW.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

most people miss the point of the movie and from what I hear the games isnt that great either
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

ASCIIN wrote:most people miss the point of the movie and from what I hear the games isnt that great either
Can you enlighten me to the point of the movie? I thought it was pretty bad, though some moments are entertaining and Pacino is great in it.

The game's trailer rips off a couple of shots wholesale from Vice City, while Vice City stole a lot of stuff from Scarface. Guess the circle is complete?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I thought the movie was an affront to film-making, and since I'm not particularly interested in GTA style games anyway, I think I'll pass on playing Scarface.
Very sexy hero, omg
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Lartrak wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:most people miss the point of the movie and from what I hear the games isnt that great either
Can you enlighten me to the point of the movie? I thought it was pretty bad, though some moments are entertaining and Pacino is great in it.

The game's trailer rips off a couple of shots wholesale from Vice City, while Vice City stole a lot of stuff from Scarface. Guess the circle is complete?

Yeah.. Someone a long time ago once proposed the idea to me, "Hey, wouldn't a Scarface game be great? Kind of like GTA styled gameplay?" Me: "Uh, yeah, it's called Vice City. (Vice City even stole the mansion and everything from Scarface), so that's a stupid idea."

The crazy thing is, now this game is actually here, and I'll have to inform him of its release, and get mocked.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

Most of the reviews are all over the place, gamespot scored it low, while IGN scored it fairly high etc. I picked it up last friday and I think it's a pretty good game, it just seems rushed. Some major graphical glitches, like oftentimes the characters clip through chairs on cutscenes and it is very noticable. Also, when you upgrade one of the handguns with the silencer, it's almost as long as Tony's leg.

Thw whole plot of it is basically bastardizing a perfectly good ending to an amazing movie, but it'll do just fine for a video game.

The voice acting on it is pretty good and the guy that does Tony does a great job. I love having the ability to swear at people as I kill them, and most oif the time the stuff he says is pretty funny. It also has quite a large and diverse soundtrack.

One thing I like about it is on gta you did misc. tasks for people you just met to make some money and earn a little rep. On this you are just basically dealing coke to become rich. Looking out for yourself. It just makes a lot more sense to me.

The game looks like it needed some polishing that it didn't get, but all in all it's still a pretty good game.