Take Bill O'Reilly's Culture Warrior Test

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Take Bill O'Reilly's Culture Warrior Test

Post by Roofus »

Are you a "Traditional Warrior" or a "Secular Progressive?" Based on the answers I gave, I "lean heavily towards being an S-P."

Link
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Oh, man. The wording on those questions is *beyond* leading. It might as well be one big question that says: "Do you hate America"?

...Of course, I'd expect nothing less from a man like Bill O'Reilly. Back when I lived in a shared house with friends, a few of my housemates had a Bill O'Reilly drinking game set up. I didn't play because I don't drink, but it was amusing nonetheless. Pick a phrase: "cultural / class warfare," "Islamofascists," "liberal media," "destroying America," "secular humanist," "ideologue," and in the winter, "war on Christmas." Every time your phrase is said, take a shot. Every time he said he was going to give the guest "the last word" and then rebuts what they say anyway, everyone takes a shot. Every time he argues angrily with a renowned expert about something he doesn't know anything about, everyone takes a shot (best example: Hans Blix). He shouts someone down, or cuts off someone's mic, everyone takes two shots.

I don't think they *ever* made it through the full hour-long program.

Also, everyone got tired of Bill's dickishness after a few months, so it kind of came to an end. You can only take so much of that crap before you're sick of it, and just want to send him to the corner with a dunce cap.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I think I'm going to do that someday, Fiddler. :guffaw:
It's thinking...
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Not surprisingly, I'm part of the immoral hordes out to destroy American Values[TM].

also:

- Take a drink whenever Bill attributes an opinion or belief to "Talking Points", as though segments of his show are sentient beings. )()(
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i am a traditional warrior.

how does it know!!! :o
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

secular - of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred

progressive - favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, esp. in political matters

traditional - of or pertaining to tradition

warrior - 1. a person engaged or experienced in warfare; soldier.
2. a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics.

from dictionary.com

None of the questions are very relevant to the terms. And theres plenty thats sacred in my life--I just happen to not worship some cocksucker spread across a wooden board and don't wank to some idealized photograph of 1950s Leave it to Beaver momsonmethamphetamineanddaddydrinksbutitsokay America. Neither does Bill, for that matter. He calls women while they're trying to do their laundry and strokes his little Piggly Wiggly pecker.

Its that idiot notion that all systems are relative (except mine). Mine sacred, yours secular. How the fuck is globalization supposed to go smoothly with people who think this way leading the Free World?
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

jaredfogle wrote:secular - of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred

progressive - favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, esp. in political matters

2. a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics.

from dictionary.com

None of the questions are very relevant to the terms. And theres plenty thats sacred in my life--I just happen to not worship some cocksucker spread across a wooden board and don't wank to some idealized photograph of 1950s Leave it to Beaver momsonmethamphetamineanddaddydrinksbutitsokay America. Neither does Bill, for that matter. He calls women while they're trying to do their laundry and strokes his little Piggly Wiggly pecker.

Its that idiot notion that all systems are relative (except mine). Mine sacred, yours secular. How the fuck is globalization supposed to go smoothly with people who think this way leading the Free World?
Please don't post while high.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Roofus wrote:
jaredfogle wrote:secular - of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred

from dictionary.com

seconded.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

jaredfogle wrote:None of the questions are very relevant to the terms.
It makes perfect sense for him to twist the words into a new buzzword that only has the loosest connections to reality, since the mass of "secular-progressives" is a pseudo-liberal bogeyman born of O'Reilly's own imagination. They're the people who want to undermine heterosexuality by promoting the gay "lifestyle", outlaw all public acknowledgement of religion (cf. O'Reilly's delusional notion of the "War on Christmas"), take money from successful hard-working people and give it to welfare queens, encourage women to get abortions for fun, and let the terrorists win.

I suspect it's lost on guys like Bill just how much the frame of American political discourse has warped over the years. Some of Abraham Lincoln's rhetoric would probably be too liberal for today's Green Party...
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Roofus wrote:

from dictionary.com

People get high to think like I think sober. Please fuck off and stop calling me a drug addict every time I post.

Would you like me to edit my post to make it more palatable? (Sorry for cursing earlier) I really can loose people very easily when I try to talk about things. High IQ, low social skills (on one particular behavioral assessment for entry to a gifted program a child of my IQ needed about a 50 to get accepted. I'm not sure how high it goes, but the lowest is 0. I had a 2.)

I'm not trying to sound pompous (a high IQ is like a tool. It can be valuable, but its nothing to be proud of in and of itself), its a problem I have that people I interact with have to deal with.

I wrote that and honestly thought I was making my points clearly.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Oh, man. You can read an excerpt from his book here:

http://www.billoreilly.com/centcom

...And he wonders why this stuff gets panned so hard in the papers?! The last time I read something worse than this was when he had a sample posted of his *novel*.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

That would be funny if he wasn't the only idiot who thinks like that. I say funny not just because the questions are loaded as mentioned above, but also because there are only five of them. Five questions isn't enough to get an accurate picture of a person's worldview, which this is essentially supposed to be testing. I took a quiz on blogthings.com (or some similar site) to test whether I was a liberal or a conservative. Not surprisingly, I ranked very far to the left on most things. There are some areas in which I was more to the center or even a little on the right (I forget which, as I don't remember how they broke everything down). Point? I'd hardly think that blogthings, a site designed for entertainment, is to be relied upon for accuracy, but it sure as hell made more of an effort than O'Reilly's test.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

its also funny that if you answer yes to every question your a left/liberal/Secular Progressive what ever, if you answer no your a right/conservative/Traditional Warrior... they didn't even mix the answers up!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »