Alice in Chains pissed me off...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alice in Chains pissed me off...

Post by butters »

I went to an Alice in Chains concert tonight. I was expecting a good show. I did not get what I expected...

The band came out and played for less than an hour. They were scheduled to play for 2 hours. They left without saying anything then the house lights came on and the roadies started packing up. I'm really surprised there wasn't a riot.

I think the problem was the small crowd. It's not our fault that whoever setup the show for them was an idiot and didn't realize that half the town would be gone this weekend for a big football game in the other side of the state...
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

butters you can have my DeLoreon and go back to 1990, when people would have cared.

The time circuits are all set to go, just hop in and get 'er up to 88 mph.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'm against bands replacing deceased frontmen with new people. Queen + Paul Rogers was fucking horrible.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:I'm against bands replacing deceased frontmen with new people. Queen + Paul Rogers was fucking horrible.
Yeah. While it isn't a fair assessment for the other members, the lead singer is the face and character of the group. If he dies, I think the band should be renamed when they find another frontman.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:I'm against bands replacing deceased frontmen with new people. Queen + Paul Rogers was fucking horrible.
Well, at least it's someone from the band. But with Alice in Chains, it's even more creepy and wrong because half the songs are about Layne's drug addictions.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Well found out what happened. The singer got pissed off at the sound dude because a monitor went out and he thought the sound sucked, so he walked off stage. I also saw the song list they were going to play, and they had made it about 2/3 of the way through it. It wouldn't have seemed so bad if they had actually told the audience goodnight, but we were left standing there wondering what the fuck was going on.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Considering Layne Stanley WAS Alice in Chains, seeing them without him kind of defeats the purpose. It'd be kind of like seeing Rage Against the Machine without Zach de la Rocha. You get Audioslave. :\

Or, a better analogy: think about how bad Sublime would have been had the remaining band members replaced Brad Nowell with someone else. A lot of the time, the singer is the heart and soul of the group. Without him...boo.

Not to say that NEW bands formed by remaining band members are all horrible; the Long Beach Dub All Stars and the Foo Fighters were/are good. But if they had been rebranded as "Sublime" or "Nirvana," they would have sucked, because they wouldn't have been like their source material.

I think my friend is going to the AiC concert when it hits our town. Should be interesting.
Very sexy hero, omg
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Nick wrote:Not to say that NEW bands formed by remaining band members are all horrible; the Long Beach Dub All Stars and the Foo Fighters were/are good. But if they had been rebranded as "Sublime" or "Nirvana," they would have sucked, because they wouldn't have been like their source material.
I think it certainly helps that Foo Fighters were formed and their first CD was released while Kurt was still alive and Dave was still in the band. It's not like he formed Foo Fighters as an attempt to keep his wallet full after Kurt passed.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not. I just checked the case to the first CD and it is copyrighted 1995. I could have sworn that it was released towards the end of Nirvana. Can anyone fill me in on this? Maybe I have a reprint?
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:EDIT: Okay, maybe not. I just checked the case to the first CD and it is copyrighted 1995. I could have sworn that it was released towards the end of Nirvana. Can anyone fill me in on this? Maybe I have a reprint?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighters
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Thomas wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:EDIT: Okay, maybe not. I just checked the case to the first CD and it is copyrighted 1995. I could have sworn that it was released towards the end of Nirvana. Can anyone fill me in on this? Maybe I have a reprint?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighters
wtf is the internet
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

MulletMan13 wrote:butters you can have my DeLoreon and go back to 1990, when people would have cared.

The time circuits are all set to go, just hop in and get 'er up to 88 mph.
:)

The only alice in chains song I know is "no excuses."
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

butters wrote:Well found out what happened. The singer got pissed off at the sound dude because a monitor went out and he thought the sound sucked, so he walked off stage. I also saw the song list they were going to play, and they had made it about 2/3 of the way through it. It wouldn't have seemed so bad if they had actually told the audience goodnight, but we were left standing there wondering what the fuck was going on.
Get used to it, ive seen/heard many times on how performers take out stage/venue problems on the audience.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
butters wrote:Well found out what happened. The singer got pissed off at the sound dude because a monitor went out and he thought the sound sucked, so he walked off stage. I also saw the song list they were going to play, and they had made it about 2/3 of the way through it. It wouldn't have seemed so bad if they had actually told the audience goodnight, but we were left standing there wondering what the fuck was going on.
Get used to it, ive seen/heard many times on how performers take out stage/venue problems on the audience.
I really don't blame them though. The sound really did suck. I couldn't understand a word that the opening band sang because the guitars were too loud. With AiC the same thing happened, but they kept trying to fix it. I think they were just trying to be too loud for playing in an enclosed area...
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Yeah sometimes its some small irky thing, sometimes, the crew just completely screw things up.

but a word of warning or a 'we're having technical difficulties' mini speech... would that have been to much to ask for?
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
Nick wrote:Not to say that NEW bands formed by remaining band members are all horrible; the Long Beach Dub All Stars and the Foo Fighters were/are good. But if they had been rebranded as "Sublime" or "Nirvana," they would have sucked, because they wouldn't have been like their source material.
I think it certainly helps that Foo Fighters were formed and their first CD was released while Kurt was still alive and Dave was still in the band. It's not like he formed Foo Fighters as an attempt to keep his wallet full after Kurt passed.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not. I just checked the case to the first CD and it is copyrighted 1995. I could have sworn that it was released towards the end of Nirvana. Can anyone fill me in on this? Maybe I have a reprint?
It was released in 1995, after Kurt died. Dave had begun to pen songs while he was in Nirvana, some of which later appeared on various Foo albums. However, the self titled debut was not released until Kurt was dead.
Very sexy hero, omg
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
Ya know...I've been to more concerts than I can count...or even remember...and I've never seen a band take sound frustrations out on the crowd. I know it happens...I've just never witnessed it.

I saw that AiC was coming to my area, and I was all excited for about two minutes, but after thinking about it, I resolved that it would be pointless without Layne Staley... :(
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Vlad Tepes wrote:
I.M. Weasel wrote:
Ya know...I've been to more concerts than I can count...or even remember...and I've never seen a band take sound frustrations out on the crowd. I know it happens...I've just never witnessed it.

I saw that AiC was coming to my area, and I was all excited for about two minutes, but after thinking about it, I resolved that it would be pointless without Layne Staley... :(
Jerry still kicks ass on the guitar though.