XBMC 2.0!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XBMC 2.0!

Post by Roofus »

Team-XBMC and The XBMC Project is proud to announce the release of XboxMediaCenter 2.0.0. XBox Media Center (XBMC) is an award winning, free and open source media player for the Xbox? game-console. The XboxMediaCenter 2.0.0 point-release source code has now been set in our CVS. We consider that the current code in the XBMC CVS is as stable as a point-release should be. All XBMC users are highly encouraged to upgrade to this stable Xbox Media Center 2.0.0 point-release. Remember, the XBMC source code needs to be compiled with the XDK, and requires a modded Xbox to run. Our thanks goes out to everyone who has tested, reported bugs, and helped fix them in order to make this release possible.

There are many new features and functions that have been introduced since the 1.1.0 point-release, that we cannot list them all here. A few that are especially worth mentioning are; the enhanced GUI/skin-engine, the Project Mayhem III skin, DVD-Video menu/navigation support (with ISO/IMG image parsing), RAR/ZIP archive parsing, a new audio/music-player (PAPlayer) with crossfade, gapless playback and ReplayGain support, Karaoke CDG-file display, Xored Trainer Engine (gaming-cheats), XLink Kai (online-gaming) front-end, iTunes 6.x DAAP and UPnP-clients, and two surprise features; read-only support for FAT12/16/32 formatted USB Mass Storage Devices up to 4GB in size, and a brand new "skinnable" 3D visualizer.
Link

Of course, we'll all have to wait for our respective groups to release it, but I can't wait. :D
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I'm really happy about this, but when was the last point release? Many of those features I already have on the XBMC on my Xbox. I guess I probably have a CVS build on there...
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Cool, as soon as I reassemble my Xbox, I'll have to get it.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Meh, none of those features really sound useful to me. The current XBMC can stream divx from my computer, that's all I really need (and it's really the only thing I use my Xbox for at all anymore).
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Meh, nothing I don't have with the CVS version I'm using, I think. Gimme some new features please kthnx.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

APE wrote:Meh, nothing I don't have with the CVS version I'm using, I think. Gimme some new features please kthnx.

Stop stealing my mehs.

And I just downloaded it and tried it out.....and see no differences. At all.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
APE wrote:Meh, nothing I don't have with the CVS version I'm using, I think. Gimme some new features please kthnx.

Stop stealing my mehs.

And I just downloaded it and tried it out.....and see no differences. At all.
Well, if you've been using the CVS builds, then yeah, there's probably not much of a difference. But from there last point build, there are quite a few differences (one being that previous builds wouldn't work with my media router).
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

If you're using CVS builds, then never, ever expect anything new in the point builds.
It's thinking...
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Yeah, there probably won't be much difference between this release and the previous CVS builds. What this does mean though is that soon they will start adding new features again, and that is exciting.
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

i use xbmc with the MC360 skin. looks great and i can never go back to the default skin because of it.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

hrb2k3 wrote:i use xbmc with the MC360 skin. looks great and i can never go back to the default skin because of it.
Ugh, I can't stand the normal 360 dashboard, let alone a skin that trys to mimic it. I used that skin for all of 30 seconds before it was removed.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

melancholy wrote:
hrb2k3 wrote:i use xbmc with the MC360 skin. looks great and i can never go back to the default skin because of it.
Ugh, I can't stand the normal 360 dashboard, let alone a skin that trys to mimic it. I used that skin for all of 30 seconds before it was removed.
I used it for about a day. PMIII is really the only one I like.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Good stuff. I should upgrade, I've been using a CVS build from last winter
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'm really digging MC360 now that I've learned how to use it and I've tried some new skins.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Just got it. I had never seen a 360 dash or anything resembling it until this MC360 skin. I must say that I'm very impressed by how much it suck ass! Any of the PM skins work for me but I'm so used to PM3 that I'll just stick with it.

One new feature I like over the last version I had is the complete Shoutcast directory. My last version only had a Top 500 list which usually didn't have what I was looking for.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

get the CVS builds, but I'm interested to see where this is going to go now, in regards to new features.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming