How much do you pay for car insurance?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

How much do you pay for car insurance?

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I'm just curious what you guys are paying for auto insurance here because I think I'm getting shafted by just about any insurance company I go to. I'm currently with Allstate. I just can't guess why I'm paying so much other than the fact that they feel they can get away with it. I'm 28 years old, married, have a daughter. It thought I'm supposed to be in some low-risk demographic.

I want to see what some of you are paying, call up Allstate and be like, look, you know you're fucking me in the ass, right? Oh, also, let me know if you have minimum coverage, some extra or super-duper coverage. Thanks.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Been thanked: 0

Post by MKE »

ill tell you what i pay, but i'm not on my own insurance, it's just what my parents' went up by.

350$ every 3 months, and i'm only 18 driving a hyundai tiburon. the only insurance reduction i have is through drivers ed.

however, if i were to go on my own, it would have been $6000 a YEAR! more then my damn car lol!!
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Car insurance is one of those intangible goods I despise.

- Fuzmeister
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Arggg! I'm so pissed. I went to Geico.com and filled out a quote. I entered everything including my diriving incidents to the best of my knowledge. Yeah, I might have forgotten a speeding ticket or two. Big deal. So they quoted me at $586 for 6 months. I was like, hell yes! I pay over $1100 for 6 months at Allstate right now.

Excited about the quote I called up Allstate and said, look, there's gotta be something you can do for me right now. Geico says they can give me a similar policy for nearly $600 less than what I'm paying with you guys.

Allstate said that was the best they could do. So I said, well, if Geico's price is still as good after they verify my info (I expected it to go up a bit) then I no choice but to terminate my policy with you guys. She said, oh well, good luck.

So I accept Geico's quote and complete the application, give them payment information. Then, they do some processing and BOOM! They adjust the 6 month price to over $1200!!! I mean, damn. Nearly bait n' switch. My driving record isn't that bad. It's bullshit.

I'm almost tempted to say, fuck a car. I live in the city right next to public transportation. But it can't be done. A car is the ultimate in freedom. I can't imagine grocery shopping without a car. Yeah, there's a super market in walking distance from our place, but how would I carry over $100 worth of stuff?

So I'm trapped. My monthly bill with Allstate is $201. My car loan is $444 a month. Luckily I live in walking distance from my job so I save a lot on gas. Rent is $850 a month. jdslkajslkdjfalkjsdklfjaskldfj aklsdjf lajsdlkf jalksjdflk; ja;slkdfj;ajd;fj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

I'm 28 and married. I have both cars insured by Allstate, a '92 Ford Tempo (liability only) and our '05 Civic (full coverage, since it's still being paid off). My bill for both is just $150 a month.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Scherzo, I've had very good luck with Progressive. They provided a similar cut to what you were talking about, and didn't take it back like sneaky devils.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Car insurance in New Orleans is insane (maybe because of the reputation of drunkedness). On my last vehicle, a 1995 Jeep Cherokee, I was paying $260 a month.

Now.. I pay something realistic on my Nissan Sentra.. $63 a month. I had to cheat a great deal for that rate. But. Fuck it.

P.S. Don't tell my insurance company that I drive my car more than twice a year.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

male 21 one child under 4 no accidents 0 tickets in the past 2 years 89 dodge grand caravan good condition full coverage. And this months bill comes to... $57.31
farmers btw.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Mine is 650ish a year through Progressive. I have a 89 bonnieville with slightly above the state minimums, theft insurance, uninsured motorist. I do not have comprehensive though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

416 a month.
Full coverage on a 2005 Nissan Titan. I've had 1 speeding ticket and been in 1 accident ( not at fault though )
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

mines like...$40..a month...i have a 97 toyota camry and im 18...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

1996 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe 1.5L, minimum coverage under my mother's name, $1200 a year. I have 0 points on my license and no tickets or violations.
Last edited by bizzle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

SadisticSaviorX wrote:mines like...$40..a month...i have a 97 toyota camry and im 18...
but do you have collision or anything, or is that the state minimum for auto insurance? (question applies to everyone with really low rates)
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:Arggg! I'm so pissed. I went to Geico.com and filled out a quote. I entered everything including my diriving incidents to the best of my knowledge. Yeah, I might have forgotten a speeding ticket or two. Big deal. So they quoted me at $586 for 6 months. I was like, hell yes! I pay over $1100 for 6 months at Allstate right now.

Excited about the quote I called up Allstate and said, look, there's gotta be something you can do for me right now. Geico says they can give me a similar policy for nearly $600 less than what I'm paying with you guys.

Allstate said that was the best they could do. So I said, well, if Geico's price is still as good after they verify my info (I expected it to go up a bit) then I no choice but to terminate my policy with you guys. She said, oh well, good luck.

So I accept Geico's quote and complete the application, give them payment information. Then, they do some processing and BOOM! They adjust the 6 month price to over $1200!!! I mean, damn. Nearly bait n' switch. My driving record isn't that bad. It's bullshit.

I'm almost tempted to say, fuck a car. I live in the city right next to public transportation. But it can't be done. A car is the ultimate in freedom. I can't imagine grocery shopping without a car. Yeah, there's a super market in walking distance from our place, but how would I carry over $100 worth of stuff?

So I'm trapped. My monthly bill with Allstate is $201. My car loan is $444 a month. Luckily I live in walking distance from my job so I save a lot on gas. Rent is $850 a month. jdslkajslkdjfalkjsdklfjaskldfj aklsdjf lajsdlkf jalksjdflk; ja;slkdfj;ajd;fj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to find out what's causing your rate to be doubled. They might have something on your record that didn't happen.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Roughly $200 a month for three drivers and two cars. Progressive.
No signature.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

its not full coverage...
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Nothing now. But I was paying ?500 a year to be a second driver on my mum's car. Which was actually a good quote, most places wanted upwards of a grand
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Well, good news. I switched to Progressive and shaved $228 off of my 6 month premium. It's an 18% savings from before. Not a whole lot but the extra $38 a month will help a little.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I have a 1998 Hyundai Excel, I pay:
$504 annually for full comprehensive insurance (required by bank for car loan)
$450 for third party insurance (injury to people, compulsory)
$205 for my car registration (road tax)
TOTAL: AU$1159 annually (~ $870 USD which isn't all that bad compared to what some of you guys pay)
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

$700 a year. 2 speeding tickets, 2 door '93 Honda Accord LX