Who is Into Car Audio?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Who is Into Car Audio?

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I was wondering if anyone here was into car audio.
What brands do you guys like?
What is your current setup?
What setup would you like to have?
--==--
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

I am somewhat.
Have a Pioneer Premire deck, Infinity Kappa component mids and tweets, 350w all digital Alpine amp, and a 10w0 JL Audio sub in a tuned ported box.

Probably just going to stick with this setup for a little while. Might get a new sub though, the motor carriage us getting a tad sloppy.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Cool, what model of Pioneer do you have?

Yesterday I just recieved my CDT Audio CL-61A-25 PRO (179.99 shipped)
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=4596

Still waiting on my amplifier for them from Ikesound.com [Directed 2400 [2 x 125 @ 4 ohms] $100 shipped (refurb)].

My sub is still being built by DigitalDesigns (ordered last week). I choose DD2515A.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woof ... ries=2500a
I am going to feed 1200 watts @ 2 ohms to it. [two Directed 750D strapped]

Oh yes, and unfortunetly I have an Alpine 9847. I am planning on upgrading to Pioneer Avic N2 in the future :o

--Any pics of your install?
--==--
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I have a Pioneer deck with Pioneer speakers. It does alright, although the only reason I bought them was because my car came with a broken radio, and when I replaced the radio, I found that a speaker was also dead. So I ended up buying the cheapest Pioneer system and speakers that Best Buy had. I also an iPod hookup through the auxilary inputs. My iPod dock is mounted to the dash of my car using zip ties and a coat hanger. It's pretty nice looking, actually.
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

I was about 10 years ago.

I had a lowered Nissan p/u, with (9) JL Audio 12W6's, and MB Quart 3-way components in the doors. All running off of (3) rockford Power 650's, and (1) Power 300 for the doors. It was pretty loud.

In my newest Nissan (the one in my avatar) I was going to put (3) JL Audio 10W6's, and MB Quart 2-way components in the door. I had a Soundstream Classs 10.2 for the subs, and a Class A Renoir for the doors. Head unit was a Sony Mobile ES C-910. I got old, and finally lost interest before it was ever installed.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i am into it, but i'm not "hardcore"

but ny FAVORITE company is MTX. if you listen to there stuff, and try and compare them to ANY other company, youll understand why.

i have a fairly old setup, that still kicks my brother in laws, who has a rockford fostgate amp and 2 jbl subs (12") who's is rated at 750watts RMS, and mine is only 250 RMS!

mine is: MTX 4250D Amplifier w/ 2 Thunder 6000's 12"s in a sealed enclosure. MTX thunder 564 amp hooked up to 2 dual (free) 6.5's and 2 lightning audio 6x9's. i also have a jvc headunit, fairly old as well, that still does better then my sister's pioneer and my in-laws kenwood (model kd-lh1000)

if i were to get some money soon, the only thing i might do is upgrade to newer stuff, but i will never buy anything that isnt mtx (atlest amps and subs)

yes, they are pricey, but you deffinatly get what you pay for.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

MKE wrote:i am into it, but i'm not "hardcore"

but ny FAVORITE company is MTX. if you listen to there stuff, and try and compare them to ANY other company, youll understand why.

i have a fairly old setup, that still kicks my brother in laws, who has a rockford fostgate amp and 2 jbl subs (12") who's is rated at 750watts RMS, and mine is only 250 RMS!

mine is: MTX 4250D Amplifier w/ 2 Thunder 6000's 12"s in a sealed enclosure. MTX thunder 564 amp hooked up to 2 dual (free) 6.5's and 2 lightning audio 6x9's. i also have a jvc headunit, fairly old as well, that still does better then my sister's pioneer and my in-laws kenwood (model kd-lh1000)

if i were to get some money soon, the only thing i might do is upgrade to newer stuff, but i will never buy anything that isnt mtx (atlest amps and subs)

yes, they are pricey, but you deffinatly get what you pay for.
I know of plenty companys that will blow MTX away. (ie. for subs: Digital Designs, Aire Audio, RE, Sound Splinter, about 20 others) and for components (Morel, Focal, CDT, DynAdio, a/d/s). Don't even get me started on amplifiers :lol: . Does anyone do any sound deadening? I was thinking about 300 sq ft of SecondSkin audio's DamplifierPro (85 mils thick!). The owner of the company is a nice guy too, he will discuss your project with you personally over the phone or email. http://secondskinaudio.com
--==--
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Aside from an old Sony Xplode that I had in my 93 duster, I've always used both pioneer headunits and speakers. Although, some of the time sony or others make better speakers, and in all honesty, pioneer isn't as good as it once was. For the most part, Kenwood has stuff thats just as good.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Wow... I'm surprised so many other people here have fiddled with their car stereo. :)

I currently have the following in my car:

- Sony CDXGT200 CD Deck. 52W x 4, has a nice auxiliary input in the front for plugging in an MP3 Player (though mine is currently lost :( ).
- Power Acoustik 1000 Watt peak, 2-Channel, Bridgable MOSFET Amplifier. I can't find the model number, but it's a very nice amp. Came with a dash-mount knob that adjusts bass.
- Rockford Capacitor. Again, not sure of the model number for this. It does it's job.
- JL Audio W3v3 12 inch subwoofer in a sealed enclosure.

The JL sub is my pride and joy. The sound is very precise and it can hit hard if you really want it to. I'm convinced that JL makes the best subs in the world. :D

Only thing I have yet to switch out is the speakers. I'm trying to save my money now though, so that'll have to wait.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Only things I've done in my car is a Sony headunit (CDX-F5700), and a Pioneer amp, powering a Digital Designs 12" sub.

The subs amazing, my front speakers in my car are letting the sound down tho, but I have no money to replace them :(
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Gmc wrote:Only things I've done in my car is a Sony headunit (CDX-F5700), and a Pioneer amp, powering a Digital Designs 12" sub.

The subs amazing, my front speakers in my car are letting the sound down tho, but I have no money to replace them :(
Which DD sub did you get? I can't wait till mine comes! Damn Ikesound just told me my Amp isn't coming because they are out of stock, so I am on the hunt for 120-150 x 2 @ 4 ohms amplifier. Factory refurbs are the way go, you know they are fixed and fixed right ;). I was thinking maybe a Cadence or Pheonix Gold refurb.
--==--
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Mines a DD1012, not the best of their range, but its better than all these pioneer subs I keep seeing about the place :)
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Gmc wrote:Mines a DD1012, not the best of their range, but its better than all these pioneer subs I keep seeing about the place :)
How much did the 1000 series 12" sub cost out of curiosity. My 2515A was $234 shipped. (still waiting on assembly of the woofer)
--==--
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Saiyan Eye wrote:
Gmc wrote:Mines a DD1012, not the best of their range, but its better than all these pioneer subs I keep seeing about the place :)
How much did the 1000 series 12" sub cost out of curiosity. My 2515A was $234 shipped. (still waiting on assembly of the woofer)
I cant even remember, it was a while ago though, think it was bout ?100-ish. In the UK we pay more for everything, hehe
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I am soon going to be building a massive enclosure
40 wide x 16 tall x 18.25 deep ;) Tuned to 34 hz. Port area is about 60"^2
--==--