Wii: 27 launch titles confirmed

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by atf487 »

Well, Matt from IGN says that Dragon Quest won't make launch, and Metroid might not either...I'm not sure if his "rumblings" mean anything, but that would sort of suck.

I plan on getting a Wii, Zelda, and Metroid if it comes out. This is assuming the system is 200 dollars; if it's 230 I'll just get Metroid and a few virtual console games.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Knowing Square's track record I won't believe DQ is going to be present at launch until I see it on the store shelf.

Also, Final Fantasy was never confirmed for launch. Square never confirmed it, and no major gaming website is confirming it.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Very nice! Now a launch date would be awesome! Looks like I'll be heading to Toys R Us on the weekend to preorder my Wii. Been meaning to do that for a while. :mrgreen:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Nice, very nice. Hasn't been since the N64 that I've been genuinely excited about an upcoming console.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

I've also heard Super Paper Mario will share the same fate as Zelda ,and move over to a Wii launch title. I was watching some videos of it on YouTube it looks so fun.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Since I have Zelda pre-ordered (and paid in full) from Gametop for my GameCube, I'm debating on whether or not to get the Wii version and just sell off my Zelda Gamecube version.
Just tell them to transfer all the money to the Wii version. They'll do it.

That said, people here DO realize the Dragon Quest game is not a normal entry, but is a Wii specific action game right? A lot of people don't seem to get that...

That said, I'm getting a Wii at launch.. I'll get Metroid Prime 3 at launch, and probably Red Steel. Others I'm looking at include the Dragon Quest game (I'd like to play it first though), Excite Truck, Far Cry, Call of Duty 3 (it looks like I'll finally really enjoy FPS games on a console again, as dual analog doesn't work for me but I think the Wiimote will), Rayman and possibly Zelda. Zelda is a very big maybe though, as I haven't particularly liked the previous 3D Zeldas. Another game I'll have to try first, though I suspect my friend who is getting a Wii will buy it at launch.

Elebits is also a maybe.

I have to say that assuming all this comes together, the Wii is going to have the best launch lineup in console history. Anyone agree? I may be speaking prematurely, but assuming the franchise titles are their usual quality, I think I'm right.

Oh, as a final note, Super Smash Bros. Brawl evidently was delayed mainly to add in online play, as the WiiConnect service isn't finished yet. Least that's what the head guy said in an interview. Either way though, if the title is as polished as Smash Bros Melee is, it will be worth the wait. Myself though, I've recently had a friend leave the area, and another is leaving the country soon, so I dunno if I'll be getting Smash Bros... I only have one, maybe occasionally two people who will play multiplayer with me now. Online play isn't quite a good enough substitute.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I am going to wait until 2k8 if I buy a wii by then all the games I would want should be out, I have plenty of fun with my cube and shit. don't need to drop $200 on a new system, I can wait.

However the way I feel towards the game market, I may not get nothing.I don't know I enjoy my older titles a lot more lately.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Looks like a pretty solid lineup. There appears to be no shortage of junk, but at least it's not as bad as the 360 launch lineup. I'm more concerned with what the library will look like a year from now (which is likely when I'll end up buying one).
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I just read about this Dragon Qust game. Sounds pretty meh to me so I'll probably pass unless they put some more stuff into it.

So thats 27 launch games and only 1 that I really want. I think my days of videogames are slowly coming to an end. There's just nothing that excites me anymore. :cry:
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I don't see anything on there I'd want. :/ Couple interesting games but ones I'd rather play on the pc ( COD 2 & Far Cry ) Though, Zelda and Supermonkey ball might be interesting.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I debating whether or not I should sell one or both of my cubes to fund a purchase of the wii. Since the wii will be backwards compatible with cube titles, I haven't decided what to do. Quite a list of launch titles, I can't decide what I should get.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

that launch title list is :?
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Went down to toys r us to preoder, they weren't taking anymore because they had too many.

Skynet is sad. :cry:

ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote:Went down to toys r us to preoder, they weren't taking anymore because they had too many.

try eb :lol: or gametraders possibly harvey norman
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

For the first time EVER, I may actually buy a console at launch. This also marks the first time since the snes that I was genuily excited about a next gen nintendo console. weeee.....
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

ian wrote:
Skynet wrote:Went down to toys r us to preoder, they weren't taking anymore because they had too many.

EB/GameStop (same thing now) don't take pre-orders ordinarily until there is a price and release date announced.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Most of the eb games in my town are only accepting pre-orders for the ps3, not the wii. If I see a store that does, I would surely do so.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Lartrak wrote:
ian wrote:

EB/GameStop (same thing now) don't take pre-orders ordinarily until there is a price and release date announced.
EB AU might though. I'm entirely sure because I've never preordered a system from EB before.

Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Smiley wrote:Most of the eb games in my town are only accepting pre-orders for the ps3, not the wii. If I see a store that does, I would surely do so.
EB started taking PS3 reserves in your area? They haven't at all around here. I'm planning to get one in case they get ridiculously valuable.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Wagh wrote:I don't see anything on there I'd want. :/ Couple interesting games but ones I'd rather play on the pc ( COD 2 & Far Cry ) Though, Zelda and Supermonkey ball might be interesting.
Zelda is definately the seller for me. I want the system itself badly, but the only game that I'm REALLY interested in is Zelda.
It's thinking...