So who played Dead Rising?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So who played Dead Rising?

Post by Lunchbox »

The demo is out. I convinced myself to buy this game as soon as I get back from vacation in 2 weeks when I nailed a zombie with a pie in the face and threw frisbees at his knees :D

Or when I threw one of those plastic deck chairs over a railing and knocked over a group of zombies on the first floor.

Or when I threw a purse at a zombie who was standing at the top of a flight of stairs and it flew all the way down.

There are a lot of different objects that can be used as weapons, it's pretty entertaining. The game has that State of Emergency feeling to it because there are so many zombies on screen, it's really fun :D
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Comes out here next month :( Will get demo tomorrow
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

doesnt it get old though? i mean from what i know there isnt much of a point to the game, and just wacking zombies all day long must wear off at some point
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Looks like gta with zombies and a mall. yawn. It does look repetitive.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:doesnt it get old though? i mean from what i know there isnt much of a point to the game, and just wacking zombies all day long must wear off at some point
It actually has a lot more to it than that. The story's progression is really, really neat. Basically you're solving a mystery. Each frame of the mystery is a "case file" that lead to another "case file" as you find clues and information about the case.

The game is pretty gruesome, I found. I'm not squeamish, but I found the scene outdoors with the escaped cons to be a bit over the top. It wasn't funny or entertaining...it was just sadistic and fucked up.

That being said, I've had a preorder on the game for awhile. It looks like it's going to be a bit repetitive, but should hold my attention for 5 - 10 hours.
Very sexy hero, omg
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

well it sounds rather cool, even if it is rather gimmicky

if i pick up a 360 i might just get this game, by the time i get one it should be discounted anyway
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Nick wrote:
Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:doesnt it get old though? i mean from what i know there isnt much of a point to the game, and just wacking zombies all day long must wear off at some point
It actually has a lot more to it than that. The story's progression is really, really neat. Basically you're solving a mystery. Each frame of the mystery is a "case file" that lead to another "case file" as you find clues and information about the case.

The game is pretty gruesome, I found. I'm not squeamish, but I found the scene outdoors with the escaped cons to be a bit over the top. It wasn't funny or entertaining...it was just sadistic and fucked up.

That being said, I've had a preorder on the game for awhile. It looks like it's going to be a bit repetitive, but should hold my attention for 5 - 10 hours.
does it have online play?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

No online play, but it has some Xbox Live ranking system functionality. Whatever that's worth (zip to me).
Very sexy hero, omg
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Well the Dead Rising demo finally hit the marketplace. So heres my impressions. The graphics are borderline good for next gen ,and looking very original xboxish. It just seems the graphics dont have the same sheen as the other 360 games. i know this sounds stupid ,but the opening cutscene of him aganist the wall it looked like some one puked on the screen. the bricks were made of a mess of pixels. i know thats what the textures are really made of ,but i havent seen that bad upclose texture work since xbox 1 especially in Half Life 2. The character models didnt look as polished. But, the graphics arent everything i can get passed what i feel is mid road graphics. Now recently i said i liked N3 for what it was ,but i did find the game very repetitive with the enemy battles because you couldnt really explore without having a slew of baddies. i know this game does something similar ,but the zombies are so slow ,and stupid their easily avoidable until in N3. i didnt like how in the demo you couldnt go beyond this little area without triggering a cutscene thus ending the demo. i mean hel im just trying to find the food court so i could find brad. then only to find out you can even do the first mission without buying the retail game. Which proves the point of the demo was not to show to much of the story which seems like the main focus of this game ,but just to show how much fun it can be exploring the mall ,and grabbing weapons ,and beating the crap out of things with it. Which brings me to my next problem.

This is next freaking gen. why the hell when i gotta big weapon i cant smash out a shop window ,or smash a mirrior with the night stick. u can grab anything ,and everything in the game along with having a million baddies to beat up. Yet i seen no signs of destructable enviroments.

Now with all complaints aside i did find this game mildly enjoyable. It was fun exploring the mall seeing what i could pick up ,and beat zombies with. i did like how they did the replenishing life system. you find food you grab it you eat it. I think whats really got me sold on the game is the strange story. you'll see what i mean when you trigger the cutscene by going into movie land. i think once you play the retail version ,and have more of mall to explore along with more enemies to battle with more story that old folds i think thats where the charm of this game will shine. im not sure if im picking this up on the release.

especially considering im really looking forward to Saints Row. That demo really sold me on the game.

Dead Rising is a possible buy. i think ill wait for the reviews first ,and see what the critics ,and user reviews say.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

No dead rising for aussies :(

Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Well as by what I said in my thread about profiles, I too have downloaded Dead Rising. It was awesome! Being able to pick up almost anything is great. Standing in a music store throwing CDs at zombies. Reminds me of Shaun of The Dead.

I was definately buying this game when it came out, but the demo sealed the deal!

Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Fun game...picked it up today after Ive been playing the demo for so long.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

I convinced my friend to pick one up today. Ill be playing it later today. :lol: