Burning a Live cd, Help!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Linoob
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Burning a Live cd, Help!

Post by Linoob »

Last night I finished downloading the new version of Ubuntu Linux, however I downloaded the Live cd... :roll: but I still want to try out the distro.

I have the whole Live cd file sitting in a folder of mydesktop .rared, I use alcohol 120% for my burning program, however I am lost at this step, now what? How do I burn it and make it work?
tryingto use linux, sick of Windoze.
blah32
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by blah32 »

If you have Alcohol 120%, unrar the file, it should produce an ISO file, open A120%, file -> open the iso file, it should appear in the window, right click on it, Image Burning wizard, click next, then in the dropdown menu below, select Normal CD and burn.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

In case you missed this step, you'll need to extract the .rar file. If you don't have a program to open WinRAR files, you should search google for WinRAR or 7zip or something. I personally use 7zip, because it handles a whole bunch of compressed file formats.
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCFreak07 »

Lol. Why go through all this trouble, have Ubuntu shipped to you for free, it works just fine. And you get about 6 backup copies of it cuz they send you like 7 copies. =) I'm putting it onto a custom computer in a bit.
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

yeah, but it takes 4-6 weeks for the cds to arrive.
DC FoReVeR.!!!