The Ascension Of Vigil

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

Added a buying system just now that took awhile to program and complete, this comes along with some nifty NPC AI I coded along side it. I'm also planning on redesigning the Twister spell because it's pretty useless as it is and is way too similar to Lightning Storm .. Anyway, here's a teaser of what's to come!

Progress in Village.BSP continues ...
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Wow keep up the good work, I'm glad your taking your time and doing a good job.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'm going to release a new version very soon. Wow, did a ton of work recently! Upgraded Vigil a bit such as: When landing from a jump and holding attack down, his charge move is faster to execute! Great for delivering a huge blow when doing a backflip recovery...

I also added additional pain animations and behaviors to Vigil! This is so awesome to see in deathmatch; very cool to see Vigil round house kick another Vigil and watch 'em spin in the air, smack against a wall, then face plant into the floor!! Monsters can do this to you also! and there's more of em too

Player 1 executes the Cyclone Crush knocking Player 2 away like a ragdoll
Monster simply points at Vigil sending him flying

Update: Added Guard Breaking! Blocking is no longer the all purpose cure for situations, some monsters can hit Vigils blocking so hard he'll recoil, and move across the ground (kicking up dust too ;)) and is vunerable for half a second.

Next version will be harder then the last with more skill required. Great!
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Sounds great, yea I think some of the levels could use a couple more enemies. Your doing an amazing job.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

updates?
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Nothing yet, I've slowed down work as I got a new job and I have to put some time into that. I'll give a real update after wednesday.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

New version released

What's new?
---------------

NOTE: Hell Knights no longer drop armor shards, that idea is SCRAPPED!, you must load the village map and buy armor from the Blacksmith when you have enough gold.

- Flying swallow is performed by the attack button now instead of jump button
- Vigil now only ledge grabs while in the air
- New map "popaov" by pope!
- New HUD graphics
- Village is nearly completed, however more town folk need to be added and clip brushes
- New NPC system added including buying products and talking to people
- Many bugs fixed and tweaks done
- An arrow points Vigil's location when he cannot be seen, darkplaces only
- Rain effects added
- The camera is far superior as it attempts to stay out of walls!
- Updated a lot of the maps
- All new physics
- Vigil can be smacked into walls now
- Rewrote a lot of code, thus optimizing TAoV even more
- Vigil's ledge grab is a bit more accurate, you no longer have to fight between wall grabbing and ledge grabbing
- Air combos are easier to perform as an auto enemy tracking system has been added
- Brand new animation on Vigil
- Uppercut Slice is now blockable
- Enemy AI has once again improved
- Enemies may now air block increasing the skill threshold, especially on hard difficulty!
- Added "guard breaking", powerful attacks will disrupt Vigil's blocking!
- Added binds from insert to page down on the keyboard for easy map switching access!
- Enemies tweaked for new gameplay aspects

This is a huge gameplay increase from the last version, I suggest using magic more often now as it no longer plays second fiddle to sword play. This version is harder then the last overall but NOT in any cheap aspects, it's only increased in skill threshold! Enjoy ;)
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by leileilol »

COOL
POOPOO
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Thanks for the release - Newsposted over at http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/ :)
Insane homebrew collector.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Here's a youtube link of me playing Dungeon.bsp, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbpYS7QZdDM
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Well, tower.bsp is now complete!

Vigil fighting on the final bridge towards the end ... 4 Horrors and a Baron, luckily there's a cliff you can take advantage of or fall in it yourself!

Under the bridge itself, how do I get back up? You figure it out.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

:o ...
Insane homebrew collector.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

More updates and new screenshots exclusively at the Quake Expo! Find the TAoV booth... :)

http://www.quakeexpo.com
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Wow excellent work.
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xaGe »

...I love this game... How's it been going since Quake Expo :?: You mentioned the game play was pretty much done... How is the rest shaping up :?: :D
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Still working on levels, awaiting a final map02 from RPG and I'm also figuring out where to hide the required keys / relics and such.. I've also got to populate the town, then polishing a ton ..

I'm not sure how long this will take however.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

How is everything going tyne?
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Slow, but it's going.
I'm adding a new enemy "Spectral Sword" and other fun things .. releases are coming slower as you've probably all noticed and that's because as it nears completion I need to update in larger chunks (Mostly maps, NPCs, .. etc) since everything else is *almost* done.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Here's a new musical track I made for the TAoV's"Castle Entrance" upcoming level... it's titled "Running Wild"!

http://renegade.circa1984.com/TAoV%20-% ... 20Wild.mp3

Enjoy ;)

[Update]
Dude, like.. scrolling clouds man! Darkplaces only, because it hits the entity limit and causes packet overflows in any other engine.
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xaGe »

...Scrolling clouds!? :o Sweet... I only use DP anyway... :wink:
Tyne wrote:Here's a new musical track I made for the TAoV's"Castle Entrance" upcoming level... it's titled "Running Wild"!

http://renegade.circa1984.com/TAoV%20-% ... 20Wild.mp3

Enjoy ;)

[Update]
Dude, like.. scrolling clouds man! Darkplaces only, because it hits the entity limit and causes packet overflows in any other engine.