new mp3 player....any good??

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
infinite-nothing
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new mp3 player....any good??

Post by infinite-nothing »

i was wonderin if anyone has tried out the new mp3 player is ti any good i usually just burn and try myself nut im runnin low on cdrs and cash so i want to save them as long as possible
thanx in advance
"your best......your best, losers always whine about there best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen"-Sean Connery"-
softmicro
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by softmicro »

lol i cant even find a read me on how to burn this i mean where to put everything
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

looking through the source it looks clean, but i'm not to good at deciphering that. i haven't burned it yet, but i will soon(here we come complete ff7 soundtrack on 1 cd!) plus it uses mad to decode it, so it should be very stable
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I'm wondering...does this thing have rewind/fast forward/pause options?
jared1619
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jared1619 »

i just burnt it and it works. i've only played around with it for about 5 minutes but it looks a little more complicated than playing mp3's on dcdivx. i dont know if it's just me or the way im doing it but only like one word from the song title is showing up on my vmu playlist.
skedone
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by skedone »

im telling everyone TO BURN THIS MP3 PLAYER NOW!!!!!!!!!!

its the muts nuts just download the image as it like to disk swop anyway (but can run with inducer thanks to krypt's dmu proggie)

u get visualistions on the telly . Tghere is know menu on the telly only on your vmu but it will let u create playlist that save to your vmu has fast forward rewind everything its the best mp3 player i have seen on the dreamcast and i have burt just about everything made for the dreamcast

so all i can say is burn burn burn the damn disk]
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Does it have a playlist function? shuffle?
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Dc Mp3 player

Post by Mikey242 »

I have had it for a day now, i think its pretty cool. Its really not complicated at all, just a little strange since the whole menu is on the vmu.
skedone
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by skedone »

yes it has playlist function via mpu or u can make them up as u go along and yes it has shuffle it has forwards backwards memories the lot just like a real mp3 player and it is the dogs danglie bits
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Does it have any effects shown on the screen while playing the music (like for example, the latest versions of Windows Media Player)?
Busterwolf
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Busterwolf »

What about the bitrate ? Does this mp3 player handle bitrate higher than 128 kb? :?:
Knowledge is Power
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 »

This is the best Mp3 player period. It's a shame it missed the homebrew app contest, I reckon this would be a worth contender, perhaps even pushing 3 "Number Ones" ;)

I've played my 224kbps (200+ i forgot the exact number) mp3s just perfectly. The playback was identical to the source, and the stability is on par with Woz's beloved Mac. I've played files from 64 to 200+ and the playback is perfect. I'm still running on the same boot, and it's been 3 cd swaps and 3 hours later with still no crashes :D :D :D

The VMU aspect is awesome, you can browse folders etc, and it uses a horizontal scrolling method to fit in words that extend farther than the screen can display.

I wish I could tell you what it does on the telly, but i've been running this thru my vgabox with just the phones plugged in. In all honesty, with the VMU feature, it doesn't have to do anything on the TV Screen ;)

The network feature is going to be a welcomed addition. This player simply rules, hands down.
Mr.TA
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mr.TA »

Ok folks...its Q and A time again.

"Does it have a playlist function? shuffle?"-->see skedone's post

"Does this mp3 player handle bitrate higher than 128 kb?" -->yup! I've played from 128k to 192k with no probs. I didn't test anything higher as I don't see the use in it.

"Does it have any effects shown on the screen while playing the music"--> yes,but the vis code is rather simplistic in video output. ie: centered white dots "trying to keep up with the beat" on a black bgr.

"I'm wondering...does this thing have rewind/fast forward/pause options?"--> nada, but IMO FF/RW motion controls are weak sauce anyway.
cmyden
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by cmyden »

Just wanted to let you know I wrote a tutorial to help people looking to get started with the "To Eleven" MP3 player.

http://www.chrismyden.com/nuke/article. ... e=&order=0

lemme know if I made any mistakes, or should explain something better

chris myden
http://www.chrismyden.com
cmyden
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by cmyden »

Oh, one question. I haven't been able to swap MP3 CDs successfully. When I go to load mp3s from the swapped mp3 cd, it still has my old list in memory (even after clearing the playlist)

Any ideas?

chris
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 »

Clear your playlist before you swap cds.
softmicro
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by softmicro »

im confoosed i mean i got the cd to play the mp3's but i have no idea whats going on like what song comes next some help? :lol:
cmyden
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by cmyden »

DCEmu Freak: I've tried that as well with no luck (clearing the playlist). I e-mailed the author and he told me that CD swapping wasn't available, I had to reboot the Dreamcast. (I told him many of us would find CD swapping capability a valuable feature and have asked him to consider adding it for the next release, which he says will contain "better visuals, on-screen navigation, and possibly Egg Vorbis support."

So perhaps you truly are a freak, with your mutant ability to swap CDs! :)

chris myden
http://www.chrismyden.com
("To Eleven" Tutorial available at above site)
skedone
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by skedone »

i to have swoped files with out a prob as most of my music is on mp3 as i have a mp3 playe hifi unit and a minicd mp3 player
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

I haven't tried disc swapping yet, but no matter what, this is by far the best MP3 player for DC. It even allows adding whole directories to the playlist. I love it. It's so completely perfect. Now all we need is a few better visualizations and on screen selection of files, and I'll never have need of another player.