Gaymer Survey

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gaymer Survey

Post by mankrip »

I was going to post this in Null because of the funny name, but actually this survey is quite good, and isn't limited to the homosexual audience.

By the way, it has like 3 or 4 pages with lots of questions, so you may need a good amount of time to answer everything.

Oh, and there's one problem: there isn't a "plataformer" alternative in any of the questions, so I had to go with "classic gaming" when possible.
Disclaimer and Consent Form.

This survey is part of research carried out by Jason Rockwood under the guidance of Dmitri Williams, Assistant Professor of Speech Communication at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.

Audience: The survey is targeted to people who play videogames. If you are not a video game player, do not take this survey. Additionally, this survey asks questions about sexual orientation. If you are uncomfortable with this topic, do not take this survey.

Purpose and Procedures: This survey is designed to learn more about video game players. If you decide to participate, you will be asked several sets of questions asking about your opinions, your video game use, and your basic background information. If you agree to take part in this research, you will complete an online survey, which will take about 25-45 minutes depending on which sections you answer.

Please note: Once you finish the survey, you won't be able to come back and change your responses. However, in the event you need to leave and come back, you will be able to pick up where you left off, and you can change your answers already filled out.

Voluntariness: Your participation in this research is voluntary. You may refuse to participate, discontinue participation, or skip questions you don't wish to answer. At any time you may leave the survey by closing your browser window.

Risks and Benefits: There are no particular risks associated with taking this survey, other than those you would encounter in everyday life. You may benefit by learning more about your own video game habits and attitudes. Even if you do not benefit personally from participation, your participation advances science by helping us understand who plays video games and why.

Confidentiality: You will not be asked to provide your identity in the survey, nor provide any information that would identify you. One question does ask for your zip code, but this is used to understand the geographical reach of participants. It is not used to identify you in anyway.

Who to Contact with Questions: This survey is being conducted by researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Department of Speech Communication. For general questions on the topic of this survey, gaming, etc, please contact Jason Rockwood at Jason@gaymersurvey.org. Questions about this research study and its procedures should be directed to the primary investigator and person in charge, Dmitri Williams, at (217) 333-3617 or at dcwill@uiuc.edu. Questions about your rights as a research participant should be directed to the UIUC Institutional Review Board Office at (217) 333-2670 (you may call collect), or at irb@uiuc.edu.
http://www.gaymersurvey.org
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

nothing to do this morning so i take the survey...
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Took it. Pretty standard survey stuff.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Great survey :)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I didn't know "great" and "survey" could be used in the same sentence. A survey is a survey, and I always thought they were a nuisance.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I was bored and enjoyed taking it =\

Also, the questions were well done and it wasn't some crap like what those people from melancholy's University made.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

It was boreing so I quit.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

I was amazed that had more than Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 on the console list. Omg DC 4tw?

They freaking had Neo Geo Pocket... I'm impressed...
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Veggita2099 wrote:It was boreing so I quit.
I hear that
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

GyroVorbis wrote:I was amazed that had more than Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 on the console list. Omg DC 4tw?

They freaking had Neo Geo Pocket... I'm impressed...
Yea but they forget Virtual Boy and Intellivision.

a lot of the questions just seem to me like the people who made that survey might be your classic OMG games are the devil type of people. a lot of questions asking if you was ruining your life with games, enjoyed the violence of games, etc.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I didn't comprehend the "gay"-mer part until the second page.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

pixel wrote:I didn't comprehend the "gay"-mer part until the second page.
Yeah, I thought "gaymer" was pretty lame. And then they ask you what you think of it being used by gamers all the time on online games, but that's the first time I've ever heard that term...and hopefully the last. Sounds like a 13-year-old came up with it.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Veggita2099 wrote:a lot of the questions just seem to me like the people who made that survey might be your classic OMG games are the devil type of people. a lot of questions asking if you was ruining your life with games, enjoyed the violence of games, etc.
I enjoy violence in games, and the question was well worded. It asked if you "like the (imaginary) violence", which means they know there's a difference between virtual violence and real violence. If the question was like "do you enjoy killing other people when you play games" I would agree with you.

And I ruined my life a few times during my childhood because I was addicted to games, so questions like "My video gaming use has made it difficult for me to manage my life", "I have missed social engagements or activities because of my video game use", and "I have played video games when I was feeling isolated or lonely" makes sense for me.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Kenichi wrote:Yeah, I thought "gaymer" was pretty lame. And then they ask you what you think of it being used by gamers all the time on online games, but that's the first time I've ever heard that term...and hopefully the last. Sounds like a 13-year-old came up with it.
Yeah, that was about my reaction to it as well. Also, I tend to doubt that all (or even most) gay gamers would appreciate having their sexual identity singled out as the primary thing that determines how they relate to gaming, regardless of how (im)mature the term sounds.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer