i got my ds lite and new super mario bros :) its awesome

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

i got my ds lite and new super mario bros :) its awesome

Post by gamedudex2 »

i love the lite. I held off on getting a ds til the 2nd revison , i followed the 2 year nintendo prtable revsion plan :)

i love the new mario bros. im gonna get metroid prime hunters and mario kart soon also brain games.

the only thing that sucks is the ds lite doesnt come with the thumb strap
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Gamestop called me and asked if I still wanted one (I cancelled my preorder). My parents caught wind of that and offered to give me a cash advance until my paycheck comes in. I feel greedy and evil, but if it gets me a DS Lite, then I guess I have no choice.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Hah, same boat as me, Almost. This is my second DS though. I picked up the Lite, NSMB (Amazing! Game), Brain age (Not to bad for 20.) And Metroid, I can't wait till I get Mario Kart, I like Metroid, but It's hard to play, even with the lite for more then an hour or so. Wish they had rounded edges on the side a little.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Mario Kart was an excellent game, albeit a little too easy :(
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

~\/~ )()(
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

i heard metroid hunters was kind bleh...
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

ASCIIN wrote:i heard metroid hunters was kind bleh...
It is.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Thanks for warning me, I was thinking of getting that game.

I was going to get another DS game for my DS Lite but ended up getting Oblivion on the PC. I've been playing Mario Kart a fair bit though, and that Brain Training game, for some reason I'm really addicted to that game.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

By the way, did you get the demo of Dr Kawashima's Brain Training in the USA?
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

Chinpokomon !
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I played nsmb on a ds lite at toys r us for about an hour. Its defo awesome,albeit kinda short.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Smiley wrote:I played nsmb on a ds lite at toys r us for about an hour.
Good god.

I have an update. I'm the proud owner of a new DS Lite. I went to Gamestop first, but discovered they had closed already (Sunday hours). So I run over to Best Buy, hoping they still had some left. They probably had half a dozen left. As I was browsing the games, there was one other guy there too. He was probably a little bit older than me, so I left better. I picked up NSMB immediately and browsered some more. I reached Brain Age and remembered there was an offer for a free copy with the purchase of a DS Lite. I grab a circular hoping they had something about it in there. Alas, I couldn't find anything. When I felt depressed I had to run home to get the stupid thing, an associate asks me if he could help me. I explain my situation and he brings me over to one of the laptops on display. He locked it, went to the Best Buy website and printed off the coupon for me. What a nice guy. :D

Long story short: $206 for a DS Lite, NSMB, Sonic Rush and Brain Age. That and I went to X3 tonight too. Kickass.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

You guys sure can get great deals. I wish I had held off on getting my DS until about october 2005, or maybe even now. I spent $200 on my DS in march of 2005 and like $50 for Mario 64. I havent even finished that game yet. Really fun games just started coming out in October so should have waited until then.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I picked mine up tonight. About the only thing I really have to say about it is this:

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP, THE COLORS!!!

No, really, NSMB is almost too saturated now. The colors are fantastic. Seriously, it's like my game collection just got a graphical update. It absolutely blew my mind how much more colorful this system is.

One other thing I have to mention is that I'm severly displeased that they ditched the clicking d-pad. I loved the DS d-pad, but now it's more like an original GBA d-pad, which is depressing, at least for me.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

JellyWarrior wrote:By the way, did you get the demo of Dr Kawashima's Brain Training in the USA?
no we dont gte it here in the usa only aus gets it
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

melancholy wrote:I picked mine up tonight. About the only thing I really have to say about it is this:

I agree totally. I picked mine up today, and it looks SOOOO much better than the old DS.

Speaking of which, was the old DS a front-lit machine? My original broke a long while ago and I can't remember if it was. It would make sense, since FL screens look REALLY washed out (think original GBA:SP) when compared to backlit screens (ala DS Lite).
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I would give Brain Age a serious consideration for purchasing. It's pretty slick.

And yes melancholy, the colors are almost nuclear.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

i'm pretty close to buying a ds lite... but i think i might hold off until the first price drop.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

melancholy wrote:I picked mine up tonight. About the only thing I really have to say about it is this:

No, really, NSMB is almost too saturated now. The colors are fantastic. Seriously, it's like my game collection just got a graphical update. It absolutely blew my mind how much more colorful this system is.

One other thing I have to mention is that I'm severly displeased that they ditched the clicking d-pad. I loved the DS d-pad, but now it's more like an original GBA d-pad, which is depressing, at least for me.
Yea I think I mentioned previously that I actually had to play it on the 3rd brightness level because the colours are too good now.

Has anybody noticed that the bottom screen is a little dimmer than the top screen?
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

JellyWarrior wrote:

Yea I think I mentioned previously that I actually had to play it on the 3rd brightness level because the colours are too good now.

Has anybody noticed that the bottom screen is a little dimmer than the top screen?
Yea, almost tinted to a green?