Dream On Feedback Topic

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Also, when is the second planned? (if..)
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

SeGaFrEaK NL wrote:Also, when is the second planned? (if..)
Soon. I'm aiming for it to be a trianual magazine, so sometime before August if everything goes well.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Are credit card sales available?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

ace wrote:Are credit card sales available?
Not yet. I'm working on it.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Okay. Once they are, I'll be all over it like hair on... me.
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Someone should've received it by now, really. :scratch:
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Yes. We really should have recieved them. But I can wait until next friday, I supposem before becoming flaming mad. :P
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

They were shipped via USPS Media Mail, which is notorious for taking a long time. I'm sure they'll get to you guys soon. But, you'll just have to be patient, as it's out of my hands now.
nsps
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by nsps »

Just wondering...

1. Has anyone received it yet?
2. What's the verdict?
3. CAn people who didn't pre-order order copies yet?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

i preordered and have seen nothing. but im a good at waiting.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Nico0020 wrote:i preordered and have seen nothing. but im a good at waiting.
Same here. I really hope it hasn't gotten lost or anything because at this point it's kind of hard to believe this is the normal amount of time it takes to ship ... =\
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

It has been more than a month and still no magazines. Metafox shipped them, he isn't screwed up like that. It must be that they were either lost in the mail or are being held up somewhere.

:cry:
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CKRNZ »

suckaz!!! :o :o :o :o :o D R E A M O N LMFAO @ YOU :mrgreen:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

CKRNZ wrote:suckaz!!! :o :o :o :o :o D R E A M O N LMFAO @ YOU :mrgreen:
Real attitude problem here. Please keep yourself in check. (This applies to the offhand comments you made in Dev. and Null as well).
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CKRNZ »

as for the comments in dev..i believe them to be true..whats ya problem with that?

as for the comments in null,i KNOW those to be true..whats ya problem with that?

as for those above..i believe them to be true as well. whats ya issue with those?

other than attempting someone from speaking their mind...

as for me checking myself..not likely asswipe.fu ck you and dcemulation.org..washed up shithole. :rumpshaker:
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

With an attitude like that, nobody's going to want you around. Don't talk badly about a place that you're a member of. I myself used to be the moronic mouth in these parts, but you really should watch it unless you're asking to be banned.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
nsps
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by nsps »

While media mail sucks, it should still take less than a month. The zines must be lost somewhere. They could still turn up, though. I once got a package from the USPS with a five-inch hole all the way through it. To make up for it, the mailman rubberbanded a zeroxed USPS note that said "We care."
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I got a package from the US the other day, got home from uni to find it was cramed into my letterbox and it had 2 stickers on it, one was a USPS once that said "package must be signed for" and an Australian Post one that said "Package must be signed for". Since no one was home there was no way anyone could have signed for it, but nice that I didn't have to go down to the office to get it. Still dodgy though.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

nsps wrote:While media mail sucks, it should still take less than a month. The zines must be lost somewhere. They could still turn up, though. I once got a package from the USPS with a five-inch hole all the way through it. To make up for it, the mailman rubberbanded a zeroxed USPS note that said "We care."
:o

I've received a few beaten packages in my day, but nothing like that. The worst two incidents were the very first time I tried to sell something on these forums--the buyer had a military address, and the postal service screwed up delivery two or three times before I ended up just giving the guy back his money...and when I bought my bike. I bought a full-suspension mountain bike on Amazon, and when it arrived, the front wheel (the bike ships disassembled) had come loose from its ties and had torn a hole in the box, so part of the axle was sticking out. One of the struts on the wheel was bent. I wrote the company, and they sent me a replacement wheel, so it all worked out.

But yeah, crazy stuff happens in shipping sometimes. Hard to imagine an entire print run going missing, though--I wonder if MetaFox ever figured out what happened there. :?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Sadly no, I haven't figured out yet. I'm in Wisconsin at the Midwest Gaming Classic at the moment, once I get home, I'm going to check my post office one last time and see if they can tell me anything more than they did the last two or three times I checked (unlikely), then file a report with the Post Office bureau in Washington, DC over missing packages. The weird thing is the overseas packages, as they weren't shipped via media mail.

As for CKRNZ's comments, people do have a right to call foul over this due to all of the delays and then the mailing problems. I can assure you though, I have no intentions in screwing anyone over. I'll make a second print run if I have to, and I'll still hold true to my word that everyone will get a free second issue of the magazine who preordered. The discs will also be shipped as promised - I'm not sure when those will get done though.

Though, CKRNZ hates homebrew and as such there's no way in hell he'd buy a copy of Dream On magazine - so as a non-customer he really has no say in this topic.

It seems like the people who have no intention in buying a magazine are the ones stirring up trouble over this. I've learned to just let it slide. I appreciate everyone's patience and support. I'll do my best to make things right for you guys.