Where can I get SDL_mixer_126 and SDL_image_124? (Nevermind)

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where can I get SDL_mixer_126 and SDL_image_124? (Nevermind)

Post by Smurph »

They're not bero's, and I need them to compile GPF's SMW 1.6 port.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them. They're chui's. I hope these aren't the buggered versions.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

All of them are relatively buggered. You should be able to just as easily use bero's SDL_mixer and SDL_image.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

The SDL_mixer and SDL_image I used to use didn't seem too buggered. SDL_Image worked just fine for me. I believe I got those libs from BlueCrab's old site.

SDL_Mixer on the DC has some problems, but it's not the fault of the lib--it's more of an issue of it being slow because the DC isn't a PC. I never got stereo sound working with SDL (there's a patch that I never got to work, probably because I tried to apply it manually), so every stereo file had to be downmixed, but it worked fine. it just slows down the program because it's taking time to mix everything before sending it to one or two channels on the sound hardware. If you're using the basic stuff to load and play wav files or ogg files or whatever, you might be better off using the stuff in kos/kos-ports to do that. To load and play an ogg file or a wav file requires about the same amount of code, and in my experience it won't cause the rest of your program to slow down as much because all of the mixing is going to be done by the sound hardware.
GPF
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by GPF »

the release i did of SMW 1.6 used all of chuis SDL libs.