My first DC release!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Chui
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My first DC release!

Post by Chui »

Awesome!!

I am happy because some people use Fenix for Dreamcast. :D

Fenix is easy language for building games, also it is a byte-code interpreter (virtual machine) like Java, so, games compiled for Windows or GNU/Linux run under Dreamcast, GP32 and GP2X too.

Please, try to use the lastest Fenix for Dreamcast:
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/fenix_ ... 4b_CVS.rar

There are 2 bins (UNSCRAMBLED!!) :

- standalone:
Load from cd-rom '/fenix/fenix.dcb' (datafiles have to locate to '/fenix/' directory).

- FSL:
Old method, '/fenix/fenix.xml' describe all fenix games.

Also, i include it both examples (standalone example that read/write to/from VMU).

You can download correct version of Fenix Compiler and Interpreter (runtime) for Windows: http://usuarios.lycos.es/soypadrino/Fen ... 8.2005.rar
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

I really appreciate that you work on the DC Fenix runtime. Fenix is a great language perfect for making 2d-style games and I like it a lot. Nice to see a new version of the runtime. Ill try it with my next game which will be finished within a week. I will check the save-examples as well, since I haven't managed to figure out VMU-saving.
Also, is it necessary to use the cvs-version of the compiler you posted for the dcb to run on the fenix interpreter? Or can I still use normal 0.84b? Just wondering if I need to recompile my old games.
Chui
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Chui »

Yes, you must use exact same version of compiler, so use CVS compiler for CVS runtime.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Is there any differences between 0.84 and this cvs compiler? Any added functions or something removed or other things to think about?
Chui
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Chui »

Yes, i think that it is not same opcodes.
?И?H&#1028
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ?И?H&#1028 »

sum1 pls explain to me how to play this on chankast? i dont even think the link worked.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

This version doesn't seem to work. :( I have burned it exactly as I did on previous games and the Sega-screen shows up but after that my DC resets. Any idea what can be wrong? I tried both ways of starting the game. (fenix.xml, fenix.dcb).