GTA2 & Keyboard.

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GTA2 & Keyboard.

Post by muthafied »

I've read that GTA2 sucks with a control pad, so does anyone know if GTA2 can be used with a keyboard? Cheers.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I can vouch for that, it is horrible the way the control pad works. I have no idea if it can be played with the key board or not. If im not mistaken this game was made Freeware and can be downloaded for free from the GTA website. It doesn't take much of a PC to run it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

They've even modified the game a little so that it works properly on newer hardware.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Thanks for the replies but I'll try get a copy and see if it works with a keyboard:)
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I remember playing the game on my pc with a gamepad, never played it on DC though. What makes the controls so bad? I hope they don't force you to use the analog stick, because that would suck as the game used the same kind of control RECV uses.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

i bought that game
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
ryan_n_waggoner
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ryan_n_waggoner »

Veggita2099 wrote:I can vouch for that, it is horrible the way the control pad works. I have no idea if it can be played with the key board or not. If im not mistaken this game was made Freeware and can be downloaded for free from the GTA website. It doesn't take much of a PC to run it.
Wait -- are we talking about a DC emulation of the PC version, or the DC port? Because I have the official DC port (bought at EB for $15 back in the day), and I have to say, the controls aren't that bad. I can name a number of games with worse controls than that -- 102 Dalmations, for one. (Don't laugh -- my 2 year old daughter loves "Puppy Game") Granted, I've not played GTA2 in a while, but I don't seem to remember the controls being that bad.