Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Death Jr. DS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Death Jr. DS

Post by DaMadFiddler »

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives ... announced/
4 Color Rebellion wrote:Konami recently snuck out a list of games they expect to release for the coming Summer and Fall. Sitting cozy in that list was a Nintendo DS title?Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. This new addition to the vampire hunting series is slated for a November 15 release. Hopefully we?ll see more of this one at E3.

Another DS game, Death Jr.: Science Fair of Doom, also garnered a mention from Konami. This previously PSP-exclusive game is scheduled to go on sale October 12.
:jumpinggrins:

Fiddler = Castlevania whore
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Re: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Death Jr. DS

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

DaMadFiddler wrote:http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives ... announced/
4 Color Rebellion wrote:Konami recently snuck out a list of games they expect to release for the coming Summer and Fall. Sitting cozy in that list was a Nintendo DS title?Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. This new addition to the vampire hunting series is slated for a November 15 release. Hopefully we?ll see more of this one at E3.

Another DS game, Death Jr.: Science Fair of Doom, also garnered a mention from Konami. This previously PSP-exclusive game is scheduled to go on sale October 12.
:jumpinggrins:

Fiddler = Castlevania whore
Woot I can't wait.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Excellent :D
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

This has me very excited although i really need to finish the julius mode on Castlevania DS ,but what really got me excited is Death Jr. it was one of the games that had me on the fence about whether to get a PSP ,or DS before now its coming to DS i can't wait to see how it turns out. Now we just need to get a Driver game on DS to combat GTA on PSP. We got a GBA version a DS game would be 10x better.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I really couldn't care less about Castlevania. I hate the series, always have and always will. Death Jr. sounds good, but hopefully they take care of all the camera flaws and such that plagued the PSP version.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Kenichi wrote:I really couldn't care less about Castlevania. I hate the series, always have and always will. Death Jr. sounds good, but hopefully they take care of all the camera flaws and such that plagued the PSP version.
...You are a blasphemer of the highest order, sir, and deserve no less than to be quartered, then burned. Castlevania is a powerful and benevolent diety, and must be addressed as such. Bask in the warm rays of vampire-slaying righteousness, and pay heed to the excellence of absurdly dramatic moody ruins and beasts. Castlevania is your master, and you MUST obey. :P

On a related note, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see a new "traditional" Mario game. 64 and Sushine were great games, but there is still a very different feel between the 2D games and the more recent ones. Plus, like most of you, I am a victim of retro-nostalgia.

Imagine my joy, then, at seeing this:

Last edited by DaMadFiddler on Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Meh, I hated the early Mario games, especially 1 and 2, growing up. So the "retro-nastalgia" for me would be Super Mario 64, since that's the first Mario game I actually took seriously. I never thought the original Mario game was "revolutionary", actually, I always thought it was kinda overrated. I had much more fun with 3rd party games growing up (and I'm going on 19 in a few months so it's not an age/generation difference).

Sorry, I'm in a crabby mood today. :P
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Super Metroid > Any Castlevania game.

That's not to say the castlevania games aren't fucking amazing, because they are. I just think super metroid is the epitome of awesomeness.

And New Super Mario Bros. is going to be good. Even if it was just a new game made from super mario bros 1 graphics and released on the Virtual Console I'd still get it. I love old school, 2D mario much more than 3D mario. Actually, I've noticed that in most cases I prefer 2D gaming...Possibly because I started to SUCK ASS when I got into 3D games.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have found with Castlevania games either I really love them or I really hate them.

Castlevania 1 = hate
Castlevania 2 = love
Castlevania 3 = love
Castlevania 4 = hate
Castlevania Dracula X = love
Castlevania COM = hate
Castlevania (uhh 2nd GBA one with fake castle) = love
Castlevania games on GB = hate

Anyways that is why I don't rush out and buy one. I really liked the style of that 2nd one on GBA though. I loved the non-linear gameplay and being able to explore the castle etc. I also liked being able to level up and such.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665