A little something I'm proud of....

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A little something I'm proud of....

Post by AgentGreen »

I got bored and decided to make a map for a D&D campaign I might do.

If any D&D player wants to use it for their campaign, feel free. Just show proper artist etiquette and give credit where credit is due
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Just a little heads-up, a dale is a place between two hills. That looks like either an inlet, or a place between a mountain and a desert. In any case, although it's hard tell for sure, the percieved scale is too large for what a dale actually is.

Can't really comment on much else because little else is in English. And it's just a map; not much to say without knowing a little about the place.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Yeah I know that. On local maps I'm working on, "The Dale" refers to that little stream-area, which does in fact lie in a hilly valley. I just used a general crumpled texture to give the green areas a "terrain"

But here's some stuff on the lands for the campaign I designed it for, feel free to use it. Also, a roadmap. The road names are the colors that represent them in this map.

COUNTRIES:

Meltannock- Human-run country, roughly the size of modern-day France. Think of Rohan as pictured in the LOTR movies as far as land goes and the cities like classic medieval-ish England stuff. Ardurrock is the Capital, Isidiil is an old elven city that's been claimed and renovated by humans. Firagil and Hammerick are two small villages that are settlements at intersections of the Red and Orange roads and Red and Pink roads respectively.

Darvengall- Dwarven Arctic Empire. Known for mining of precious gems and metals as well as hunting of large beasts. This is also where the Drow (Dark Elves) used to make their home in the Underdark before being amongst the races banished to the Forbidden Isles(basically a system of underground roads and settlements) Estimated size is about the size of Norway. Kavardayn is its capital and largest city on the entire continent, even bigger than the continental capital of Halduranon. The bulk of the population resides here with dwarves and select gnomes living inside the city carved into the mountains and everyone else living on the outer fringes in homes built either from snow or built so the house is "buried" to conserve heat.

Varngarte- Gnomish Empire and its Northeastern woods used to be home to the Orcs. Even though it's run by Gnomes, humans make up the bulk of the population. It's really just a collection of kingdoms that are autonomous but if there's ever a serious problem, all the kings gather in the capital of Zwartsche and meet with the High Gnome King. It's about the size of Spain

"The Dale"- A small area of halfling farms and one village along a stream that is only known as "The Dale Stream". The area produces the majority of Varngarte's food and alcohol and receives the benefits of Varngarte's protection for it and even have an elected representative to Kings Council meetings whenever they arise. Other than that, they are autonomous.

Kyong-Sun- South Asian-like home of half-orcs and some members of "monster" races that the half-orc society has deemed as honorable. (very small handfuls of Ogre-Magi and Rakshashas and the like) The half-orcs (or "Croflahs" as they prefer to be called, they think of themselves rather witty for coming up with this name) helped the other races rid their lands of their full-orc relatives and have gained acceptance as members of the empire. They've developed a culture from a rigid set of rules based on honor and sacrifice similar to the Samurai of our world. Dwarves, Gnomes, and Halflings don't trust them as much as Humans do but the Dwarves have warmed up to them a little after seeing, over the last century, how they are very much different from their barbaric ancestors. However many see the practice of killing off children that are genetically full-orc barbaric but tend to look the other way because of a fear of another orc-war. The capital is Pen.

Alamiir- A sort of Arabian/Egyptian-ish setting. Mainly home to some Humans, some elves and half-elves, and whatever monsters and brigands live in the Great Desert. The people here are darker-skinned ranging from a light tan to a dark brown. The city of Samund-Ishk is the only city that is not accessable by road and is accessable only by a twice-daily ferry from the capital of Durkaal. It's about the size of Alaska

Rendesasche Volamiil- An Elven state, home to some of the only remaining populations of elves on this continent. (there is rumored to be a continent to the West but it's only spoken of in cryptic Elvish messages and always in a whisper). Its name means "Land of the Foresters" as many of the elves follow the goddess of plains and forests as their primary religion and see themselves as maintainers of the woods. The city of Methraniil is the capital and is (somewhat) open to all races but the city of Indiilmorn is exclusive for elves and any half-elves they feel are worthy to enter the gates. the nation is roughly the size of the British Isles.

OTHER NOTABLE PLACES:

Halduranon - The capital of Armaggion, the name of this Continent and Empire. It's a large pentagonal city with walls of pure white stone. The Emperor, Haldur XXIV, resides here as well as microcosms of every nation in the empire. All emperors descended from Haldur I, a human from three thousand years ago who led the vast army of all the combined races, rid the lands of Orcs, Ogres, Trolls, and Drow, and united the entire continent under one banner. In emergencies, like with the Gnomish empire of Varngarte, the leaders of every nation gather for the Grand Council of Kings. This has only happened once before in recorded history: When Haldur I first led the army.

Veraghul- This city is one of the biggest trading posts and Varngarte and Alamiir are constantly battling over who is truly in control of it. Both seem to have reasonable claims towards it.

Vilderheim - Another contested city, except this is between Darvengaal and Varngarte. It's a largely Dwarven city but historically the city has been drawn inside Varngarte's borders. Dwarves claim it's because most maps of Varngarte are drawn by Varngarte cartographers!

The Forbidden Isles- The Arctic waistland where Haldur I and his grand army banished Orcs, Ogres, Trolls, Drow, and other unseemly races. However recently sightings of these races have increased in the empire of Armaggion and the second Grand Council of Kings is being called into session.

God I'm such a nerd...
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

someone should make a null one. San-Herman, IRC Land, Kings Kountry.......
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Prophet][ wrote:someone should make a null one. San-Herman, IRC Land, Kings Kountry.......
Somebody did once, I believe.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Prophet][ wrote:someone should make a null one. San-Herman, IRC Land, Kings Kountry.......

Old. Very old.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

that was not a proper D&D map though.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen