About to play Magic again after many many years

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

About to play Magic again after many many years

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Years ago, like, 8 years ago I would play MTG with my "girlfriend" and our friends quite a bit. It was fun... the victories, trash talking, being stoned and/or drunk at the same time. Those were the days. I never played in any tournaments. I never felt the desire. I eventually stopped playing altogether.

I just recently got the urge to play again and wondered how the online version would be. So I shelled out $10 for an account. I was surprised that a new account didn't come with a core set. I couldn't bring myself to spend $8.99 in addition right away. I had bills to pay first. So my account sat there for a week without cards.

I got an e-mail today for a $10 coupon to use at the online store! Whoohoo, freebie! So I'm installing the client now (huge download and takes forever to update with the current goodies).

I know that I'll get my ass owned so badly. Oh well. Maybe I'll buy a couple booster packs soon.

So any of you play MTG Online? If so, is there any BS that I should watchout for? Hackers? Downright dirty play?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

um. look up "apprentice" from a place called magic-league.com it's like mtg online but free so that you can just test out decks and look up cards and whatnot. if you're ever interested in playing a game, then give me a ring on aim.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
jonse
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by jonse »

Anybody want to buy some magic cards? I've got a bunch that are just sitting in the closet.
Mc Pee Pants doesn't just want candy now, that's childish. He needs it. And when you need something that's a responsibility.... that only an adult.....of my maturity..................bunnies!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I bought out Navi's collection a while back, but i've tried not to spend more on them recently now that i have like a billion cards.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Good luck with all the moronic rule changes.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Raijin Z wrote:Good luck with all the moronic rule changes.
For him the biggest changes will be the 5th->6th stack rules which made the game soooo much simpler. Other than that it's more 'new features' instead of new rules, with the exception of the change in how legendary things work, which IMO works better.
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

i've been wanting to get back into it myself last time i played third edition just came out =/. I still have all my cards though
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

i havnt played in about a year and playing a game sounds good right about now! =]

does anyone have any favorite cards/combos?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Right now I'm all about Glimpse the Unthinkable and Twincast, which is type 2 legal.