WTF I GOT CARDED FOR BUYING A MOVIE AT WALMART

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

@mel: No one can buy spraypaint in australia under the age of 18. Well not in my state anyway.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

i dont remember ever getting carded really

but since a year or so, everyone in holland over 14 must be able to identify himself at all times, if you get caught without your ID and a cop wants to see it, you better pray he has a good day, or else youll end up going downtown :|

and i agree with slammedniss, i take my wallet everywhere i go, and i always have my ID card, buss pass and money with me
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:i dont remember ever getting carded really

but since a year or so, everyone in holland over 14 must be able to identify himself at all times, if you get caught without your ID and a cop wants to see it, you better pray he has a good day, or else youll end up going downtown :|

and i agree with slammedniss, i take my wallet everywhere i go, and i always have my ID card, buss pass and money with me
The USA looks to be headed down the same path, which bothers me a great deal. I really don't like the idea that I'm forced to prove I have the right to be where I am, as opposed to THEM having to prove I don't have the right. It's an innapropriate upsetting of balances of power.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

In Ohio, they ditched the option to put your SS# on your license. About damned time. Anyway, I got carded when I bought BLADE at Walmart 7 years ago. I was 20 then.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

gamedudex2 wrote:sometimes i get carded at elmwood happned twice this year, i dont always but now and then i get some idiot that cards me hollywood 8 never get carded , clearview never, the prytania or canal place landmark cinima i never did get carded once in chalmette when friends and i went to rocky horror picture show last summer

That's crazy. Me and darc have gone to that RHPS show before.. I lived about 20 seconds from that theatre.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:
gamedudex2 wrote:sometimes i get carded at elmwood happned twice this year, i dont always but now and then i get some idiot that cards me hollywood 8 never get carded , clearview never, the prytania or canal place landmark cinima i never did get carded once in chalmette when friends and i went to rocky horror picture show last summer

That's crazy. Me and darc have gone to that RHPS show before.. I lived about 20 seconds from that theatre.
I was in it when I was 16.

Actually in Jan I was carded to see Hostel. Funny thing is my GF's freind wasn't carded and she is like 17. As far as buying games/DVDs I have never been carded but I ussually go to places that know me when I buy games. (You have a sad life when your video game store clerk knows you by name when he sees you outside the store.)
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i was carded once buying a lotto ticket, which is odd since i've always been told i look to old to be a college freshmen.

on a side note i can buy anything wearing my army uniform. granted i never tried getting alcohol but i just find it funny that people assume you're over 18 when you show that military id. (you can be 17 in the army)
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
Mr. Jeeba wrote:

I was in it when I was 16.

Actually in Jan I was carded to see Hostel. Funny thing is my GF's freind wasn't carded and she is like 17. As far as buying games/DVDs I have never been carded but I ussually go to places that know me when I buy games. (You have a sad life when your video game store clerk knows you by name when he sees you outside the store.)
For me EB is right across from work. So I tend to almost see them twice a week, well... Not anymore. So they knew my first and last names. The only time I got carded was when I got Halo 2... I can;t BELIVE they think im under 18. Funny, I never got carded at target when I bought GTA. :lol:

Also, I always take my wallet with me aswell. At school you have to have an ID if they ask for it, or you have a detention. I also have my money in it, and some cards for some stores.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:

i dunno it was some older lady working i guess she didnt know i was with a girl we was their early so dunno but thats the only time it happened their

at the movies its rare it doesnt always happen, just for weird things it does. i was carded for a pg13 film once dunno what film that was but it was funny.

i'd say out of all the movies i've seen very few i've been carded to but over the past 3 years i'd say about 9-10 films with just that one time at the palace 20 being withsome who was seriously thinking i had a fake id

other than that i never get carded
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Skynet wrote:@mel: No one can buy spraypaint in australia under the age of 18. Well not in my state anyway.
They do the same thing around here.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I was carded once for a slingshot, I had to prove I was 16 years old (I was 19 at the time). I also was carded for spray paint, fuel injector cleaner as well to make sure I was 18.

Walmart is a little too strict I think on carding. I guess if your under 18 your not allowed to put fuel injector cleaner in your car, nor can you have any hobbies that involve spray paint.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Veggita2099 wrote:I was carded once for a slingshot, I had to prove I was 16 years old (I was 19 at the time). I also was carded for spray paint, fuel injector cleaner as well to make sure I was 18.

Walmart is a little too strict I think on carding. I guess if your under 18 your not allowed to put fuel injector cleaner in your car, nor can you have any hobbies that involve spray paint.
I'm pretty sure fuel injector cleaner can be used for some DIABOLICAL purposes.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

i got refused cigarettes once when i was 25
i was actually quite chuffed with that . . .
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I've gotten carded by Tower and EBGames. I just buy most of my stuff online due to tight asses who won't sell you stuff because "omg wtf u turn 17 in two months u too young to buy a 17+ game!!11"
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Quzar wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:I was carded once for a slingshot, I had to prove I was 16 years old (I was 19 at the time). I also was carded for spray paint, fuel injector cleaner as well to make sure I was 18.

We use it to make potato cannons.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

melancholy wrote:
Quzar wrote:

The cashier claimed it was used in meth labs. So as long as your 18 you can make Meth as far as Walmart is concerned?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Veggita2099 wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Quzar wrote:

The cashier claimed it was used in meth labs. So as long as your 18 you can make Meth as far as Walmart is concerned?
Yea, that's what I was referring to. I guess they just figure if you're over 18 they can't really stop you and you have a better chance of using it properly.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

stagg wrote:For me EB is right across from work. So I tend to almost see them twice a week, well... Not anymore. So they knew my first and last names. The only time I got carded was when I got Halo 2... I can;t BELIVE they think im under 18. Funny, I never got carded at target when I bought GTA. :lol:

Also, I always take my wallet with me aswell. At school you have to have an ID if they ask for it, or you have a detention. I also have my money in it, and some cards for some stores.
You are under 18. stfu.

I never get carded because noone really cares. I go into R-rated movies and they let me in without even asking. However, if I let my hair grow out, I am asked to show ID, and then I am busted. Kind of funny.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Only thing I've ever been carded for in my life is tobacco, and that is only 30% of the time.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Ive once been Carded for "Cherry Coke" yes I said Cherry Coke?. I was about 17 at the time, and It was at my local grocery store where I used to work.. And it happened to be a cashier I had worked with . There was a guy in front of me getting some beer, and she asked for his ID. So after him she then asked me for MY ID? I thought she was joking or something so I busted out my wallet and flipped it open real quick like I was flashing a police badge. Then I put it back, and she was looking at me like she was gonna kill me, and she asked again "can i see your ID" Then I said for Cherry Coke? come to find out she thought it was Red Dog beer .