self defence...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
spiroth10
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

self defence...

Post by spiroth10 »

okay, this may seem rather strange, but I need to learn how to fight. I dont go looking for fights, and Ive only been punched a couple times (only one time when I was in a fight, and I dishonored myself by letting myself take a beating and saying I wouldnt fight back...)

I'm pretty sure that martial arts are worthless for self defence nowadays (they're mostly training for a sport, not real world situations), and I dont need a course to teach me how not to get in a fight or avoid it.

I ONLY need to learn how to fight... I'm not a violent person, and I dont feel threatened constantly -- I just need to learn just in case.

any suggestions on what I should do? Any course I should take or etc? I'm willing to take martial arts, but not if they wont help me like I said...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Boxing. Knock the sons of bitches out.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: self defence...

Post by stagg »

spiroth10 wrote:okay, this may seem rather strange, but I need to learn how to fight. I dont go looking for fights, and Ive only been punched a couple times (only one time when I was in a fight, and I dishonored myself by letting myself take a beating and saying I wouldnt fight back...)

I'm pretty sure that martial arts are worthless for self defence nowadays (they're mostly training for a sport, not real world situations), and I dont need a course to teach me how not to get in a fight or avoid it.

I ONLY need to learn how to fight... I'm not a violent person, and I dont feel threatened constantly -- I just need to learn just in case.

any suggestions on what I should do? Any course I should take or etc? I'm willing to take martial arts, but not if they wont help me like I said...

ALWAYS be moving. When hes punching you block your face, and DO NOT, I repet DO NOT be scared to quickly move up to him, and start punching him. It's a hard thing to learn, but if you sit back and wait, you'll lose. Be aggressive, and if in a street like fight, Tackelings OK.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Look for weak spots. If you're seriously being threatened, you could kick their knees as hard as you can. It's better to kick their knees from behind (at the back of their leg) because if you do it hard enough it can break their legs. I'm not speaking from experience though, only repeating what I've seen/learned.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Be dirty. Kick them in the nuts then kick them in the face.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Re: self defence...

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

spiroth10 wrote:okay, this may seem rather strange, but I need to learn how to fight. I dont go looking for fights, and Ive only been punched a couple times (only one time when I was in a fight, and I dishonored myself by letting myself take a beating and saying I wouldnt fight back...)

Take boxing, and just realize just to get use to getting hit. Then learn every "Dirty" trick in the book such as going for knees, collar bones, and crotches. Also do not count anyone out, or think you can outwardly beat them.
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

jujitsu judo
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Don't get into fights. Fighting isn't worth it in this day and age. Too many people are carrying knives/guns.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Let them hit you then roll around on the ground and scream in pain. Then sue them for every penny they got.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yeah there is no point in fighting, mainly for the reasons Ace said. I carry a knife a lot, beucase I used to have a lot of problems with fighting becuase my friend's are idiots. I never had to use use it, not that I would unless things got grim. Things have settled down, no fights in quite a while, so I've stopped carrying it.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Taser.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

kick them in the nuts and run
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

ace wrote:Don't get into fights. Fighting isn't worth it in this day and age. Too many people are carrying knives/guns.
But he said he isn't starting the fights.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:Taser.
Feel it, Don't think
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

You can't learn how to fight from reading anything. Its something you actually have to do.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Yell "I'm a Hemophiliac" Then when he turns away in disgust kick him in the back. Then when he's on the floor get in a quick kick in the ribs, then step on his neck and ru like hell.