NesterDC SE SPECIAL EDITON Sound Problems and .fds Support

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
chantililace
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NesterDC SE SPECIAL EDITON Sound Problems and .fds Support

Post by chantililace »

Help!

This is in regard to the static sound problems for NesterDC SE (see link to post below). I have this exact same problem happening. The NSF player sounds fine but all ROMS have a static sound. TV IS FINE. Funny thing is if I play the disc on my friends dreamcast the sound problem is not there. NesterDC 6.0 did not have any problems on my dreamcast. I also noticed the fps lags a bit as well, where it stays constant aroound 60 on my friends dreamcast. There are no other problems with loading or playing this emulator.

What could be causing this?

ALSO - does NesterDC SE support .fds famicom roms? The discbuilder program will not pick up my .fds games located in the same folder as my nes roms.

T H A N K S IN ADVANCE !

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewto ... f3a8c84b7b
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

I don't think it supports the famicon disks, but it would be really cool if it did.
There are certain protypes and demos it doesn't support either.
Maybe they will work on this if theres ever another release.
No Amount Of Effort Can Save You from Oblivion.
chantililace
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by chantililace »

Turned out to be a bad video/sound cable - thanks.
wonderboy_dc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by wonderboy_dc »

I'm also having a problem getting NesterDC SE to play .fds games. I can get NesterDC 7.1 playing them no problem... I just can't figure out how to get SE to play them. I put the disksys.rom in the same directory as the roms and nothing... it doesn't seem to pick them up as games, maybe the directory just doesn't recognize .fds???

Any help, I'd love to be able to include my .fds and regular nes games on one emulation disc.
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

i have a question about running fds roms on nester 7.1

some of the disk roms (when you start a game) say something along the lines of "please insert disk B" or please check disk B...

any idea what this means? i'm sure it means the disks were 2 sides and its asking to put the second side of the disk in, but is there any way to this with nester 7.1?
wonderboy_dc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by wonderboy_dc »

To set the side in NesterDC 7.1 hold the right trigger down and then press X, from the menu you can now set the side using the D-Pad (ie. press down to change it to side B). Hope that helps...

Now if only I could do this with NesterDC SE... :cry:
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

Thank you, it works.

yes i agree, it would be cool to play these on nester se...
and with a better main menu as well.
maybe the next release?
bentodd
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by bentodd »

I don't like nesterdc SE because it has no light gun support. Supposedly SE has better compatibility then 7.1 but I have had very few problems with 7.1

What good is playing NES without Duck Hunt?
Stupid Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Stupid Newbie »

bentodd wrote:I don't like nesterdc SE because it has no light gun support. Supposedly SE has better compatibility then 7.1 but I have had very few problems with 7.1

What good is playing NES without Duck Hunt?
I just use SE for the cream of the crop games, because the GUI and bells and whistles are flat out awesome.

7.1 for all lightgun, fds, hacks, and everything else. :)
Kimos
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Sound problems still...

Post by Kimos »

I just want to bump this in regards to chantililace's issue. I sought out this forum trying to find the resolution to the same problem. It would be nice if it was just replacing cables, but the description and my experience is not indicative of a hardware issue. The 'hanging notes' for example don't seem like they could be caused by broken cables.

Just wanted to ask if there's anyone had confirmed this resolution or has solved this issue in another way. I know that we're not the only two who've experienced this...
cbowz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by cbowz »

Yeah i am having the same audio problems, the NSF player works fine, but when I actually start playing the game the audio is messed up. It was working fine last night then today it became filled with static and distorted. Should i just reburn the disc?