Newb question about roms in genplus

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
alex3540
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newb question about roms in genplus

Post by alex3540 »

Hey guys just stumbled across this page last week and have been fooling around with my dreamcast ever since, great site with loads of info!

Ok so my problem, im using genplus the preview version, i got it on a cd and it boots fine but i dont know how to load my roms. The main menu treats them as directories i think. they are in .gen format. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks guys.
Coagulus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Coagulus »

dunno about .gen format. I think they should be .bin or .smd, You may need to convert the roms somehow.
COAGULUS
:;;::;;;;:::;
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JohnnyB »

Change the extensions to .bin or .smd, then zip them up. Make sure your ROMs are (U) or (W) versions as well, GenesisPlusDC doesn't like (J) and (E) ROMs. GoodGen will rename all your ROMs with a few keystrokes.