Emulator Issues - Suggestions...

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
mattagc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Emulator Issues - Suggestions...

Post by mattagc »

Hello,

I've been trying to get a good SNES emulator running on my DC for a week or so now, but I'm running into a few issues, and I'm wondering if it's something I can fix, or something I have to deal with.

Emulator 1: DreamSNES

Great emulator, runs pretty good, but it doesn't match my tv...the top and bottom of the screen are clipped by about 5% or so. Is there anyway I can edit/set the display size of either the game, or the default setting of my DC?

Emulator 2: SuperFamicast

Also a great emulator, doesn't run as fast as DreamSNES, has a great resize feature, but it's not allowing me to save my games to my VMU. Is this something that's not coded into SuperFamicast?

I haven't tried the other two emulators yet, I figured I'd see if anyone has any answers for me here first.

Thanks,

Matt
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

The Super Nintendo is one of the harder to emulate console for the Dreamcast and because of that there isn't really a "perfect" emulator for it.

DreamSNES would be no doubt the fastest (and best) SNES emulator for Dreamcast with sound. The other two, I'm assuming are Sintendo and Ngine9x (or close to that).

Sintendo used the Dreamcast-based WindowsCE and needs their DLL files for it to run (which is generally frown upon here since it's technically illegal). Ngine9x is a very old concept port. Though I never tried it personally, I've read it's slow and without any sound effects.
mattagc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mattagc »

Okay. Thanks for the info.

One final question though, as it relates to the above topic...

Is there any way I can adjust the screen size of my DC to stop the clipping, or is that something I have to deal with? (Atleast until the Revolution comes out, and I play my SNES games on that...or, I suppose, dig my SNES and carts out of the dusty abyss into which they're hiding...) ;)

Matt
Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal.
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

No, not any way I know of. It's not that bad is it?
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

MATT!!!!!!!

Do you have the same problem if your screen isn't stretched? It might be something to do with your widescreen projector.
mattagc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mattagc »

fackue wrote:No, not any way I know of. It's not that bad is it?
With the size of my tv, on the main menu of DreamSNES, the logo in the top right corner isn't even on the screen...with the boot screen of the DC (without a disk loaded), the tops of the play logo is cut, and the bottoms of the lower two are also cut...anyhow...
Enchanting Ender wrote:MATT!!!!!!!

Do you have the same problem if your screen isn't stretched? It might be something to do with your widescreen projector.
Yeah, I figured that out today...I'm a retard...I was setting up my new DVI connection for my HD cable, and in doing so, realized that I can set individual settings for each of my inputs, and since my DC/SNES/VCR are the only things on my composite connector, I switched it to 4:3, and bham, no more clipping.

Matt, who is now going to hang his head in shame.