Some Q's about themeing dsnes...

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Some Q's about themeing dsnes...

Post by CKRNZ »

About Dreamsnes Theme Creation

Well I attempted to decompress the .zvr formats in the most current dsnes with no luck,then had semi-successful editing with the pvr set in 0.9.6(but let me state that the pvr set in this paticular version was all whacked out in mostly rectangle rgb565 of which the images actually were not..causing all sorts of problems with the pvr plugin,which resulted in header hacking from the original pvrs to the new ones which would now open in the pvr plugin but wouldnt work in dreamsnes....geesh..and this semi-success was done with photoshop,pvr plugin,winpvr,and hexedit..)..anyway it's useless to actually want a different theme than the one that comes standard...of which you do tend to get tired of quickly.

Few questions..wasnt the source to dsnes released? and where is it? why is it not public for everyone which i assumed was the accepted standard for this type of thing? and whats the BIG deal with going to such lengths to stop people from having their own dsnes themes? Seems to be a bit secretive in my judgement.

It is just frustrating when you have such a great program without the ability to customize to your liking..not someone elses...I believe I will just abandon use of dsnes and go to famicast where the creation process isnt retricted nor anything else...just my opinon you may have a different one.

Later.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I think the sh4 core was released. It should be integrated onto the snes9x source.

Umm, it is not standard for emus to be public. This one is just taking a while to get out mainly cause there are lots of people who will just recompile with their own name on it.

Yeah, I dunno about themes. I asked this question myself. Just stick with Superfamicast if you are dying for theming. Or you could ask the developers themselves for the tools used to make the themes. I emailed them once with a request about programming and Mark emailed me the same day with a response. Nice people. You should be able to get some kind of answer.
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CKRNZ »

Dreamsnes is the standard for dreamcast snes emulation..it has the speed and i have always wanted the ability to theme it,start a themes site,etc..i waited to see if maybe the devvers would release the info on how to open the .zvr versions or atleast the info on how they edited and created the pvr sets with the versions below 0.9.8 but it's been awhile..i may email them...i may not..i have been playing with famicast today..for the very first time.i love the complete control the author gives you over the interface,etc..its a fine piece of work even at its current speed,i would be completely satisfied to see it achieve dreamsnes speeds..the extra functions would more than suffice for everything else dreamsnes lacks.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Actually it's maybe even faster than DSNES - just disable sound in SuperFamicast v1.

With sound enabled, SuperFamicast v2 seems to be faster than v1 tho. Also in v1, sound isn't in sync.

It's probably best to have them all on one disc via DreamInducer.
Insane homebrew collector.
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CKRNZ »

version 2? i just downloaded the one from famicast.com

EDIT:

duhh...that is version 2..i notice its extremely slow with games using mode 7 with or without sound..umm that is version 2 on famicast.com right?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I guess. However, DCEmu UK got it:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/superfamicast.php
Insane homebrew collector.
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CKRNZ »

yeah thats the one i have.i will tinker around with its settings more to optimize my speeds some to see what i can get.either way it is a promising emu for dc that sherzo should be proud of.