My boss caught me lying to him

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

My boss caught me lying to him

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Yup. There was something I was supposed to investigate and my boss asked me for the results. I said I was working on it but I still had to do a quick couple things. So he's like, "ok, let's do it" and walked with me to my desk. He got side-tracked on the way so I got to my office first. I rushed to get what I supposed to be working on open. I got it open but didn't nearly get it to the point I said I was. He came and said, "Paul, that some dangerous stuff there. You don't have to lie to me. If you didn't get to it yet then you didn't get to it." And walked out shaking his head.

I remember a long while ago he said that he only lets a person get away with lying to him once. Do it a second time and he'll fire ya or cut off whatever business relationship he has with you.

And I'm already treading on thin ice as it is. I got written up about a month ago for calling in twice within a two week span because I was way too hungover.

Why am I so self destructive, eh?
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
Been thanked: 0

Post by jaredfogle »

Eh, no job is worth lying for.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Don't you hate that job anyways?
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

You should have just explained what you were doing.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

That sucks man... but it's good in a way. You learned you can be honest with your boss.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Make sure you apologize to him.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

damn the man
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

jaredfogle wrote:Eh, no job is worth lying for.
Spoken like a true moron with no responsibilities. When you have rent, electric, and gas bills due any job is worth lying for.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Jobs suck but you get addicted to the money
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

arrowhead wrote:
Spoken like a true moron with no responsibilities. When you have rent, electric, and gas bills due any job is worth lying for.
Not if you lose the job over it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

ace wrote:Make sure you apologize to him.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Yeah man, I know you're gettin sick of your job but just stick it out. Be tough, do what you need to and don't let it tax you mentally.

Even though it's a shitty job, have fun and don't forget your responsibilities. I had a bad habit of calling in when I didn't get enough sleep, and although it's to stay healthy I could have made some better decisions the night before. Above all, at least show up for work.

Apologize to your boss. It takes real big nuts and he'll respect you. Pull him over some time, look him straight in the eyes and off the record, tell him how it is. I would be extremely impressed if an employee of mine did this to me. He sounds like tolerable and reasonable guy. He can't say anything negative back to you or scold you if he has a backbone.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

arrowhead wrote:
remind me not to hire you
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

btm4k wrote:
arrowhead wrote:
You are so reminded. Remind me that when I have to lie to keep a job, I will do it because the job market in CA is rediculous and I have to pay rent.

Dont worry guys, all the ideals you have will melt away once you graduate college and the real world hits you in the nutts and you are still living in your parents house.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

arrowhead wrote:
btm4k wrote:
arrowhead wrote:
You are so reminded. Remind me that when I have to lie to keep a job, I will do it because the job market in CA is rediculous and I have to pay rent.

Dont worry guys, all the ideals you have will melt away once you graduate college and the real world hits you in the nutts and you are still living in your parents house.
I'll wear a cup.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

arrowhead wrote:
btm4k wrote:
arrowhead wrote:

As someone who does not live at his parents' house and has lived in this "real world" or yours for about 5 - 6 years.
You are full of shit.
I still have my ideals and morals (probably the word you really want) and don't think any job is really worth lying for.
No signature.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

arrowhead wrote:
btm4k wrote:
arrowhead wrote:

Really? What am I doing wrong?
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
chozen2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by chozen2 »

arrowhead wrote:
btm4k wrote:
arrowhead wrote:

Yeah, I don't think many people agree with you. You must just be some kind of loser or something.
A wise man once said, "As a wise man once said, 'It is better to phail completely and admit you suck, than miss perfection slightly and pretend you pwn.'"
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Must be.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Godfearing greay wrote:
Really? What am I doing wrong?
Well, you arent, because we all know you and toastman are better than everyone else. Thats all.

And toastman, no I dont mean morals. I mean if you made a simple mistake and forgot to do something your boss asked you to do, and it is in your best interest to fib and say you are almost done, or your on top of it, then it is worth it to lie to not get fired.

And I dont care how high you guys see your ideals right now, but if it came down to it and if you didnt fib you would get fired, lose your health benefits for you and your family, not be able to make rent, get your car repo'ed, etc you would make the fib. And if you didnt, congrats, you are the most honest unemployed guys I will ever have known. I hope your impeccable honesty keeps you healthy, warm, and in the nicest shelter ever. Or back in your parents garage stealing their retirement years from them.