BoR ReVoLuTioN is back with all new 3 player release

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BoR ReVoLuTioN is back with all new 3 player release

Post by DcSteve »

We are back, and with it, we bring a 3 player release of Kirby's Openbor. If this gets a lot of positive feedback, Kirby will make a 4 player version as well.
http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I'll pass the 3 player and go for the 4 player there Stevie boy! heh i want 4 player! heh Let's beat AOTB to the punch
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Shinto
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shinto »

:D YES! The Revolution Is Back!
Yeah I'm Back, So Be Happy!
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

:? The Forums are still down... At least we got here right? :kiss)
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

Thats because the site has been temporarily moved to the emulation64 server which was already full and now is on overload. Having active forums is not possible right now. A new server has been ordered that has more speed and bandwidth then the old DOS'd one. I have no idea when the transfer to that will take place but it shouldnt be 2 long.
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
Kirby2000
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kirby2000 »

The current 3 Player port is for Windows, however the DC 3 player port is nearly finished. Currently the code is done and three players work correctly, but controller port 3 and 4 are not enabled properly (so you have to use port 1 to control the third player).

I am working pretty hard to try and fix this, hopefully its just one line of code, the pad reading routine seems to check all four ports so hopefully its something minor. However if any DC programmers are on this board who can offer any advice (the original DC source code should be available to download from http://www.senileteam.com along with the control pad code) I would appreciate it greatly.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I need more controllers... Sweet!
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

Kirby2000 will you be able to implement 3 players for the Xbox port? As XPort has said it should be easy enough to implement it and if you give him the code soon enough he should be able to implement it himself.
Kirby2000
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kirby2000 »

The code for 3 players is the same for all systems more or less. I was going to post the source for the PC and DC versions so far on BORRev last night, but the FTP password has changed and so I can't upload it (and my webspace on OpenBOR.net won't allow linking). I was hoping posting the source so far would allow Xport or anyone else the ability to work on 3 player.

I have marked all the areas of code needed with //3player so it should be very easy for people to update any of the 2 player versions of BOR. They may need to change the system specific bits a little, but not very much.

I will try and post this as soon as I get access to some webspace. I'd love 3 player to be integrated into OpenBOR completely, but that is up to current author CGRemakes.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Do you think you will implement 4 player code soon ? or are you waiting for Age of the Beast, to leave that as an exclusive feature for AotB at least a little while ?

I'm sorry that I didn't post any bugreports :(
Insane homebrew collector.
Kirby2000
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kirby2000 »

3 player is much easier to do than 4 player. I can make 4 players appear on the screen and move around/attack very easily, however it is much more difficult to make the scrolling / enemy AI, etc cope with the 4 players.

For the 3 player code I have used quite a long winded method of checking which players are in use and which aren't, there are about 7 or 8 possible combinations. When 4 players are added this increases to 16 calculations which all have to be coded by hand. Normal BOR only has 4 calculations so this could cause lots of slowdown.

I can rewrite the code in a clever way to work around this, but I need more time to think about it. My main aim at the moment is to make 3 player work.

I have been working all morning with Tails and I think we have finally got 3 player working on the DC (but strangely enough using pads 1,2 & 4, not 3). I will be sending out to a few testers on MSN then releasing on BORrev. This would not have been possible without Tails help as my DC is at my parents house and I do not have a coding cable so I am very greatful for all that he's done.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

Kirby2000 there is another Xbox coder that I think has expressed interest in OpenBOR for Xbox. In the future you may be able to get help from him in case you run into any difficulties in updating your future Xbox port. I think that at the moment he may be busy with something else. I will give you more details in a PM if you wish for me to do so.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Kirby2000 wrote:This would not have been possible without Tails help as my DC is at my parents house and I do not have a coding cable so I am very greatful for all that he's done.

Would that be of help ?

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.ph ... odingCable
Insane homebrew collector.