Status of Genesis, SNES & TG16 Emulation?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Status of Genesis, SNES & TG16 Emulation?

Post by JohnnyB »

I've been out of the loop for awhile, what's the latest word? I figure DreamSNES and HuCast are dead in the water, but last I heard there was work being done on GenesisPlusDC. Should I keep my hopes up for polished Genesis emulation on the Dreamcast or just move onto the Xbox?

I send my regards to everyone still working on the little white console that could, the recent releases of NEO4ALL/AES and NesterDC SE have been quite impressive.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

well bro the only thing I can tell you is either use your PC or Xbox for emulation. DC emulation is lacking and people just flat out don't have time. SO stick with PC or xbox. I use my PC for emulation mostly. I just play Nester SEDC and Neo4all CD and AES.
Have you played dreamcast today?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Read the posts in the Where do you see the "scene" thread. There are several emulation projects in the works. I've tested several of these personally, and I can say that when they are released they will rock your socks off.

Work on Genesis Plus/DC is coming along nicely. It's quite a step up from the last publically released beta of the emulator.

Last I heard, there is an emulator called SNES4All that is based on the sources of SNES9x (as are all of the SNES emulators for the Dreamcast) in the works. I have not tried this personally, nor do I know how far along in development the emulator is, nor how it compares to DreamSNES and Super Famicast.

As for TurboGrafx-16, quzar mentioned that he still intends to work on HuCast, but last I knew he had not worked on the code much since the last release.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

really? maybe I just misjudged the scene a little bit too soon eh? alright metafox since you a person that has knows what he is talking about, I do trust you to your word and I do apoligize for jumping the gun, its a bad habit of mine that I do intend to correct.

I love my dc as much as you do and eveyone else. I know I am not a coder otherwise I would do my best to keep everything to keep the scene going as a whole(I don't have a life,just job and home :) ) I am keeping my chin up and stop looking down. Thanks for the info though I am happy to hear SOMETHING :)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

a few weeks ago my computer died. i've been on my mini laptop ever since. for all i know my sources have been lost, but i doubt it, since i keep triple backups. I spent a significant amount of time working on HuCast since the preview, but can't quite get a few things workin.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JohnnyB »

Did you manage to add a reset function to HuCast before the crash? How was the overall speed and accuracy? I'm sure the TG16 could be emulated faithfully on the Dreamcast, it'd just take someone with your talents to do the actual work. Here's hoping you didn't lose the source code. ;)
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Hey Quzar, are you sure the source you are using is Sinificant to get working properly on the DC cuz by the sound of it, your struggling with the code. None of the less if we see Hucast in the near future, would be fantastic. Don't work too hard,man :)
Tonfa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tonfa »

I'd sell my soul for a solid T-16 emu. Ironically, I still own the system, but don't have the cords to plug mine in lol.

I had asked that year for a Sega Genesis. I got a T-16 for Xmas instead. Not that I was complaining.

I ended up buying a Genesis on my own by getting a job.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Dreamcast4life wrote:Hey Quzar, are you sure the source you are using is Sinificant to get working properly on the DC cuz by the sound of it, your struggling with the code. None of the less if we see Hucast in the near future, would be fantastic. Don't work too hard,man :)
quite frankly i have no idea what you're trying to say.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Hilltopper
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hilltopper »

Quzar wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:Hey Quzar, are you sure the source you are using is Sinificant to get working properly on the DC cuz by the sound of it, your struggling with the code. None of the less if we see Hucast in the near future, would be fantastic. Don't work too hard,man :)
quite frankly i have no idea what you're trying to say.
Translation = "Does the loss of your code stop you from going on with the project? It seems like you were not that far in and could start from scratch. I base this hypothesis on your previous statements that your code was not working 100% properly. Cheers."