Game Slow down

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
TheGreatOne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Game Slow down

Post by TheGreatOne »

Alright, i am very new at this, i just made my first dreamsnes disc yesterday, so please dont jump all over me. So i put about 500 or so games on the disc and i am wondering if that is too many, because both of the ken griffey jr baseball games that i have, are pretty much un-playable. I was wondering if there was anything that i could do about this, like maybe just puttin them on a disc, or if it was the rom that i had or what.

Thanks
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

DreamSNES is not full speed.
TheGreatOne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TheGreatOne »

is there a full speed snes emulater?
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

No.
TheGreatOne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TheGreatOne »

is there anyway that i can get it so that it will play not so slow? cause it is really really slow, maybe putting less roms on a disc or somthing, i bought a genesis emulator from a guy years ago, and that has no slowdown at all

thanks
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Havn't used DreamSNES in awhile so I may forget the little tricks. I think all that exists to boost preformance is turn sound to mono and turn transparencies off.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

OK...i'd like to clear something up right now....if you bought an emulator you are an idiot....no offense....emulators are FREE....
Feel it, Don't think
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

N3m3sis wrote:OK...i'd like to clear something up right now....if you bought an emulator you are an idiot....no offense....emulators are FREE....
Most are, anyway.
TheGreatOne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TheGreatOne »

i was mainly paying for putting all the games on the disc for me, because i was young and was not too handy on my computer at that time. Everyone says that dreamsnes is the best emulator, but with my genesis one and my nesterdc (nes one) they both run much much better than the dreamsnes. Which sucks because i really want to play my Ken Griffey Jr. game with haveing to bring my snes from home. (I'm at college right now)
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

um, you could get a SNES-like gamepad for your PC.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

TheGreatOne wrote:i really want to play my Ken Griffey Jr. game with haveing to bring my snes from home. (I'm at college right now)
If you really wanna play this game that bad, then I'd get the SNES out of the cupboard rather than waiting for an update of an...Well an unofficially dead emulator. It's a lot easier in the long run.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

A. There probably won't be a full speed SNES emulator for the DC if ever. Not that it is impossible, but no one has the time.

B. Do what Mat says or get a gamepad for your PC as another suggested. Hopefully this is a game you legally own; if it is, definitely go Mat's route unless it has a battery save that is dead.

C. All genesis emulators are free so you got ripped off. If you have one from "years ago" that is near full speed, then you paid for an illegal rip of a Sega product (assuming this is a DC "emulator" you are talking about).
tryp
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Your best bet.

Post by tryp »

As stated above, your best bet is to play your SNES games on a PC emulator, such as ZSNES. It is possible to connect a SNES controller to your PC via the parallel port, and there are a couple ways to do it, you can just stick wires into the holes in the SNES controller connector, and stick it the right way, and build either a converter cable or just put the parallel plug on the end of your SNES controller. (please excuse my horrible ASCII drawing)

7 6 5 4 3 2 1

/ \

|
SNES connector

1 13
---------------------------------------------
\ o o o o o o o o o o o o o /
\ o o o o o o o o o o o o /
\__________________________/
14 25

Male DB25 Parallel Connector (front) (note.. if you're just sticking wires into the parallel port, you will be looking at the mirror image of this drawing, same thing if you're making the cable the proper way.. this drawing is just a reference...shit.. might as well do it the other way too, just to make sure you've got it)
13 1
---------------------------------------------
\ o o o o o o o o o o o o o /
\ o o o o o o o o o o o o / ----Female DB25 Connector (also
\__________________________/ the backside of the Male DB25)
25 14

Now. Pin 1 of the SNES controller goes to Pin 5 of the parallel port.
Pin 2 of the SNES controller goes to Pin 2 of the parallel port.
Pin 3 of the SNES controller goes to Pin 3 of the parallel port.
Pin 4 of the SNES controller goes to Pin 10 of the parallel port.
Pins 5 and 6 of the SNES controller are not used.
Pin 7 of the SNES controller goes to Pin 18 of the parallel port.

And that's it.. You should be able to figure it out from that, even though the ASCII drawing is shitty. :roll:
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I recently set up a page about DreamSNES at Dreamcast-Scene.com:

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/DreamSNES

Scroll down a little and there's a little chapter about improving the speed. Hope it helps with that favorite game of yours ?

There are new releases of SuperFamicast planned, SNES4All is another SNES9x port planned to be released and the DreamSNES source code is supposed to be released. However, that doesn't mean that there will be 100% fullspeed SNES emulation tomorrow. It'll take a lot of time... Probably years. I guess you really should consider trying to follow above tutorial to plug a SNES controller to your PC :wink:
Insane homebrew collector.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

read the rules
BAM
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX